Mains electrics failure. help needed please (1 Viewer)

mikei

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
merseyside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
new
Hello. First time posting from me and it is a call for assistance. Sorry. Also, I don't have much (any?) tech knowledge so my terminology is going to sound a bit like Tarzan speaking, to the more experienced.
We got our Burstner (Aviano i725 2009) in December but its our first trip out and we have got as far as Murcia before the 230v? system packed in.
The EHU indicator on the board is still lit when we hook up, and the re-set button and the (trip switch? ) in the box at the back seem to have been re-set ok. but there is no power to the sockets.
I do have the manual, believe it or not, but it only seems to refer to the re-set button I mentioned.
Are there more fuses etc I could investigate? if so, where should I start looking.
We are up in the hills so there won't be much help here.
Thanks folks.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Mikei,
Sorry I can't help with your problem as I don't know Burnsters.
However, those that do will probably ask is the fridge or lights working on EHU. Is it just the sockets that are not working?
If you can try and narrow the problem down a bit I'm sure a burnster owner will be along shortly to help.
Good luck.
By the way.......welcome to the forum :welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Hi and welcome.
There is no more fuses but you should have MCB's. These look like your "trip" you refer to but are smaller and should be right beside the "trip" you refer to.
The item you are chatting about is the RCD and has a test button on it, make sure the lever on it is up fully.
Sounds like you may have a faulty RCD but you say that your panel is lit up? Which suggests that power is present at the panel.
You may have a faulty 'neutral' problem but again your panel is lit which suggests that the positive (phase) and neutral is present however there may be a high resistance in the circuit that is giving enough power to light the panel but not supply the sockets. Also consider trying a different EHU lead and a different EHU hook up socket as the problem could be that too. If you are not confident testing then maybe try to get someone's opinion.
The only other thing I could suggest is that you may have a 'polarity' problem but most panels have a warning indicator to tell you this.
Sorry can't really offer more assistance without seeing it.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hopefully something simple, we were allocated a post in Spain last trip, nothing worked, I was assured it had been used by the last one on the pitch and it must be our MH

Got my meter out the outlet only had 50V AC, got out a second lead joined together and used another post, sorted

I hope yours is as easily fixed

Welcome to the forum by the way (y)

OP
OP
M

mikei

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
merseyside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
new
Thanks all for so many speedy responses - heartwarming stuff.
I will address each of the points later and report back.
At least ( in the short term ) I know there are no other things to look for, so it puts it into perspective.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hello. First time posting from me and it is a call for assistance
Hi, there are a good selection of possible areas to check in order to identify where the problem may lay. Is the problem now sorted?
One of the main things to check as mentioned above on a couple of responses is that the circuit breaker trip switches are in the 'UP' position fully. people can often liken them to a light switch, assuming down is on.
Let us know if you are now sorted. I hope so.:)

OP
OP
M

mikei

Free Member
Oct 16, 2013
merseyside
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
new
Hi folks, thanks.
It is back on at present, and has been for a few hours.
I had some help from a Swedish guy who was nearby. He let me borrow his EHU leads, and there was still a problem. He poked about under the passenger ( left ) seat and found a bunch of stuff there. He pulled out each of the leads from the sockets, tested them, and made sure they were firmly in place, and voila - as they don't say in Sweden.
I suppose I am a step nearer to knowing something today. Not quite sure what it is yet.
Thanks for your support. I hope I can respond in a similar way once I have something to contribute.
Off for a menu-del-dia now, and then maybe South tomorrow. Scorchio here.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Off for a menu-del-dia now, and then maybe South tomorrow. Scorchio here.
It is isn't it ? . I actually put shorts on today when going out which is unusual for me being local, read cold, at this time
of year !
:LOL:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
For future reference. SOME breakers need to be pushed Down FIRST and the pushed up. Or they will not re-set. Glad you got sorted have a good time!!

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back