Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Someone will remember this, I hope. It's been discussed before and I saved the details, trouble is I can't find where I saved them. It seals joints and crevices by pouring on and it gravitates into the crack and seals it.
Any help please.
JohnT

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
And it works,,,, we used to use it on our fishing boat`s.. alway`s getting little leaks in the windows, where most boats flex in rough weather..

If it`s a bad leak you may have to do it a couple of times..(y)

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Glad you brought this subject up JohnT!
I used this sealant some 30 years ago around a front windscreen on my car that was leaking. Stopped it right away!(y) I don't know what it was called but I'm sure I got it from Halfords.:unsure:
I tried to find a same/similar one recently but no luck. Halford guy looked at me indulgently, thinking 'silly old git' and offered their only remedy - silicone sealant. I used it and wish I hadn't!:cry:
So now I'm going to try to remove the silicone sealant and use Captaintolley!(y)(y)
(I don't think the video on their website is going to appeal to the younger generation - needs a young girl with big wobbly bits, tats and piercings - and attitude;))
Mike:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
It's best thing since the best thing was invented (y) Used it on boats, houses, cars & other things!
Stopped a windscreen leak in a new car that the dealer failed to do :rolleyes:

OP
OP
electrajohnt

electrajohnt

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
And it works,,,, we used to use it on our fishing boat`s.. alway`s getting little leaks in the windows, where most boats flex in rough weather..

If it`s a bad leak you may have to do it a couple of times..(y)

Not sure it leaks actually. What has happened is someone as thrown a stone or brick at the back top corner and dented the curved bit of the roof near the seam. I just want to put some in the seam until I seek advice on what to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back