Magic Cleaner (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
My father inlaw has bought a brand new motorhome and doesn't pick it up until febuary/march time, he's paid £38,000 for it but the dealer has asked him if he wants it sprayed with something (can't remember what as he is 80) which keeps it clean or easier to just wipe off excess dirt. I'm not so sure about it though as i havn't heard of it before and the dealer is asking for £600 extra for this.
I know it's not a lot of info but has anybody heard of this???

ROB&JANE:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

It's an option with VWs.

I bought a bottle of Turtle Wax for under a tenner. It's amazing how easy it is, applies like water, let dry, gentle polish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Father inlaw on phone at the moment and says they only put it on new motorhomes, im still dubious though.
I will ask the dealer tomorrow what he's on about.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
May be silicone spray

like Scotchguard, on upholstery & carpet

Catherine

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Shirley had her Polo (VW not mint) done with this stuff (she can't remember its name) and hers was £300 odd but included treating the upholstery.
She had it done because the car is metallic black(drug dealers car) and shows every speck of dust.
It does make a difference, but not sure its worth the cost though, however £600 for a whole motorhome sounds a bargain by comparison.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
It's an option with VWs.

I bought a bottle of Turtle Wax for under a tenner. It's amazing how easy it is, applies like water, let dry, gentle polish.

I will go along with Brian and put £590 in the fuel tank and enjoy it

Odds on they will make almost as much mark up on this as the van

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
We fell for the same trick when we bought my wife's Audi. The treatment was called Supagard and is a nanno technology based polish which cost £350. Found out later that the actual cost of the polish was £40 with the rest being profit for the dealer.

A trip round Halfords or local motor factor for Autoglym products is money well spent in my opinion. No discernible difference between the paintwork on my car (non treated) and my wife's treated car.

Waste of money in my opinion! I'd never have it again unless someone else was paying!

Cheers

Rich

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Eeek::Eeek:
DO NOT GET THE MOTORRHOME DONE.THIS STUFF IS LIKE LAQUER AND IT MELTS AND RUNS ALL OVER IN HOT WEATHER.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I had something put on my car

called Diamond Brite - I have been quite pleased with it, it has lasted well - £173 when I bought it 4 years ago nearly. Keeps the car clean, no traffic film etc.

Catherine

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
rob check the small print

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I went for some polish for my 2CV, she was looking drab, picked up some stuff at £4.
The girl in he car shop said to try this Autoglym which was £12, did a demo on my car, run fingers over a spot and it felt roughish, cleaned that spot them run fingers over it and it was as smooth as glass and didn't half shine.

Bought the Autoglym and did the whole car it sparkled and the water just runs off, easy to wash and it's 2 months since i applied it.
Didn't use much so will get plenty of cleans from the bottle.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
When we ordered our new MH last week we were offered the total protection package which I declined.

Several years ago when we bought a Honda we opted for the Superguard treatment thick end of £350 as I recollect, total waste of money, after a year it started flaking off the back bumper and looked a mess so much so when we punted it at a dealers a few months ago it was picked up during the inspection and I had to explain what it was. Once told they did not seem bothered as though it was a common fault with the stuff.

Reading these forums everyone seems to advise caution on using anything silicone based on grp? begging the question on what ingredients are in the product!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, treat with Autogoglym or Mcguires polish once a year.. I just buy the stuff, take it to the car wash guys at Tescos and they apply it for me after washing.. They charge £20 for a wash on the van and an extra £20 to lay on my polish.. Once a year so I don't mind :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The complete Supagard kit for DIY including all the aftercare bits they give the customer, for outside and inside £39.50 on Amazon:Smile:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Supagard-Ultra-Pro-Professional-Valeter-Aftercare/dp/B0099MSG7Y/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1355087025&sr=1-1-catcorr"]Supagard Ultra-Pro Professional Valeter & Aftercare Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Totally forgot my cousin Roger does Autodetailing and this was his responce a minute ago

Hi Rob, Not too sure what stuff they use for that but I doubt very much it can be worth spending that kind of dosh on. If you can find out what the product is called, who makes it etc, and maybe what is in it perhaps, then I can get back to you with some thoughts. But it would have to be amazing to be worth spending that kind of money on. Too be honest most of the money would probably just go to them for labour. I have products that will probably outlast anything they can supply.

ttautodetailing

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Had the superguard on my black Navara, looked ok for the first few months but crap after that total waste of money. I have always found the Fenwicks products good and the "bobby dazzler" rinse aid leaves a good finish and makes washing the next time a lot easier, also used to cover my vehicles and caravan (at the time) in the over wintering fluid for winter or when laying up for a while stops all the gunge and tree sap etc sticking.
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
its a polymer based coating that makes the surface super smooth. Mer is an example of this polymer coating and the dirt literally runs off in the rain or with a hose.

more than 90% of what the dealer is quoting is profit and labour. from experience £15 for a bottle of Mer and some cloths and it takes 1 man 3 1/2 hours to do it really well.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Had the superguard on my black Navara, looked ok for the first few months but crap after that total waste of money. I have always found the Fenwicks products good and the "bobby dazzler" rinse aid leaves a good finish and makes washing the next time a lot easier, also used to cover my vehicles and caravan (at the time) in the over wintering fluid for winter or when laying up for a while stops all the gunge and tree sap etc sticking.
Broken Link Removed

I'm with you on the 'Bobby dazzler', great stuff. I wash my car then spray a solution of Bobby all over with a garden spray, the wash water just rolls off, leather off and your left with a gleaming finish. Dead economical as well, one capful to about 4 litres water in the sprayer:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Don't waste your money, it is a very profitable add on for dealers and not worth a carrot, good polish like Mer is good enough.

I am sure one of the Polish hand wash places would Mer it for £50

Peter

Peter

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Dealers make a fortune with this stuff................just say NO its a rip off.

You can buy the same stuff as a kit on ebay if you are desperate......but its going to get dirty anyway.

barry

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
My father inlaw has bought a brand new motorhome and doesn't pick it up until febuary/march time, he's paid £38,000 for it but the dealer has asked him if he wants it sprayed with something (can't remember what as he is 80) which keeps it clean or easier to just wipe off excess dirt. I'm not so sure about it though as i havn't heard of it before and the dealer is asking for £600 extra for this.

It could be as the other post said Superguard..... but its probably 'Diamond Bright' auto trade have been using this excellent product for years....I purchase it via Ebay at at half the cost dealers want to sell it for:Smile:

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Well the father inlaw has just told us the dealer dropped the price and included doing the interior for £350:Doh::Doh: also sold him an alarm for £500:Doh: and parking sensors for £195.:Doh:

If only I were with him when he was buying the van I think I could of got all that in the deal anyway, And if Jane was there she would of got a full tank of diesel as well:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
MER ???? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW4m5J0D_qM"]Life of Brian Opening Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Sep 11, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi rob,this is another way of taking that extra few quid of him,there's a few
Products on the net like diamond brite. You could do it for him for around £60.00
For the whole kit .nice Christmas present?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back