Magic chef stove/range (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Well I am destined to have another one of these Magic chef things they call an oven. I can feel it in me bones:ROFLMAO:
Can anyone please give me ANY tips at all about how and where to cook in it?

To date I have charred a plum crumble to a gooey mass
and I have burnt a pizza to a crisp on the underneath, whilst the cheese on top is still cold.

magic chef pizza lookalike here

Brits-Rv

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
Hi RockieRv,
Can't give you any tips on the Magic Chef Stove as mine went in the bin.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Yes my last one went on eBay and an American Rv dealer bought it to slam into one of their RV's.

So is that a no then?:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Come on guys.... PLEASE....... I don't feel the need to change another oven :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Are you all sadists??

Keith

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Well I am destined to have another one of these Magic chef things they call an oven. I can feel it in me bones:ROFLMAO:
Can anyone please give me ANY tips at all about how and where to cook in it?
magic chef pizza lookalike here

BIN IT!!!!!!!! Magic Chefs are most certainly not magic. They're flippin' 'orrible things!
Ripped mine out and replaced it with a Stoves 500 D.I.T British oven.
A MUCH better piece of kit. Easier to use, better build quality, MUCH more pleasing to the eye and MUCH easier to clean.
NO WAY is it staying in the bus when PX comes along. The not so Magic Chef is going back in and the Stoves is comeing with me!
Bought mine from a narrow boat chandler in the West Midlands for about £350. Was recomended by a mate who built his own narrow boat and thats where he got his. Even after driving down in the car from Cheshire to pick it up, I still saved about £100-150.
Narrow boat chandlers and marinas can be well worth checking out cos for kit like this, they can be a lot cheaper than caravan/motorhome/RV suppliers.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mine went wrong first trip so replaced it with an over/grill style microwave and instantly found it was not vented enough as an oven so only use it as a microwave.

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
BIN IT!!!!!!!! Magic Chefs are most certainly not magic. They're flippin' 'orrible things!
Ripped mine out and replaced it with a Stoves 500 D.I.T British oven.
A MUCH better piece of kit. Easier to use, better build quality, MUCH more pleasing to the eye and MUCH easier to clean.
NO WAY is it staying in the bus when PX comes along. The not so Magic Chef is going back in and the Stoves is comeing with me!
Bought mine from a narrow boat chandler in the West Midlands for about £350. Was recomended by a mate who built his own narrow boat and thats where he got his. Even after driving down in the car from Cheshire to pick it up, I still saved about £100-150.
Narrow boat chandlers and marinas can be well worth checking out cos for kit like this, they can be a lot cheaper than caravan/motorhome/RV suppliers.

Can I ask how easy it was to fit? Did it 'fit the hole' left after removal of the Magic Chef without any modification needed to the housing or...?

Do you have any pictures and/or measurements?

Does it or can it run from LPG?

Sorry for so many questions but we have been thinking of swapping but not found a suitable alternative, size wise.

Thanks
Bryan

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sorry for so many questions but we have been thinking of swapping but not found a suitable alternative, size wise.

Thanks
Bryan

not again:RollEyes:will this be number 4:winky:is Suzy in action again?:roflmto:

only joking btw bryan:winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I can honesly say hand on heart I have never had a moments trouble with the oven in our RV
Geo
PS Were is it ????:ROFLMAO:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:RollEyes: I don't understand the problem with the Magic Chef Stove? We used to cook Turkey and the full roast Xmas dinner in our old Coachmen. We have cooked Pies, Cakes, Yorkshire Pudding.
Now we don't have one, we miss it. We do however have a Microwave Oven that is almost as good. But it's FLIPPING Electric. Rather use gas/LPG anytime for cooking. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back