Made it to Spain anyone else here? (1 Viewer)

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
I got here, currently on the Costa Blanca in a great German owned Aire called Oasis Al Mar on the outskirts of Vera. Great Place!

Come on all you Funsters, Im all alone can you recommend some great places that are cheap and nice. I went to benidorm but faild to find anywhere... What quiet places are there? I wonder if Joesephine made it down at all?

Come on Dudes get them recommendations rolling it.

Hola! and Gracias

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I got here, currently on the Costa Blanca in a great German owned Aire called Oasis Al Mar on the outskirts of Vera. Great Place!

Come on all you Funsters, Im all alone can you recommend some great places that are cheap and nice. I went to benidorm but faild to find anywhere... What quiet places are there? I wonder if Joesephine made it down at all?

Hola! and Gracias

Ref Benidorm, "failed to find anywhere" as in a space ?? Or finding the campsites ??

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

Hola! and Gracias
Interesting - know the area around Vera well. But I wasn't aware of Oasis Al Mar - hope you enjoy it there.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The quiet spots are outside Benidorm

You would need to check out Albir and Altea and Villa Joiosa (Joyosa in English) but as for Benidorm town the sites are almost always full at this time of year

Know all about Beni,,, I'm a blinkin tax payer you know... (y)

Well I am now they caught me for the "council tax" :crying::crying::doh:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
The quiet spots are outside Benidorm

You would need to check out Albir and Altea and Villa Joiosa (Joyosa in English) but as for Benidorm town the sites are almost always full at this time of year
Altea was full a couple of weeks ago, moved on to Calpe, where we 'camped' in the street.
n.b. Both of the inland sites near Altea are now closed 'Orange Grove' etc

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Any details on 'street parking' please? Heading south into the area in a week.
Yes...but firstly give me your UK address...I need a place for 10 vans in July/August 2017...Spanitours annual trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Yes...but firstly give me your UK address...I need a place for 10 vans in July/August 2017...Spanitours annual trip.

You are welcome to park next to us any time, wherever we are, but we are nomads - no UK home:whistle:

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Yup. Just checked diary and we were there 21/22 nov.
Must have missed you!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Will look out for you, not due til 1 dec, but who knows.

Think we stayed there last year with @Armytwowheels.

You did and another classic Dazzlin/Armytwowheels evening was had! Spagbol and too much to drink!

They were next to us last year.
We did, once again a good evening and a few drinks and some mad Belgium guy banging on the wall of his own van because we were making too much noise (at 8pm). You are such trouble makers Bigtree.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You did and another classic Dazzlin/Armytwowheels evening was had! Spagbol and too much to drink!
Me :rolleyes: never. :sneaky:

We did, once again a good evening and a few drinks and some mad Belgium guy banging on the wall of his own van because we were making too much noise (at 8pm). You are such trouble makers Bigtree.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Any details on 'street parking' please? Heading south into the area in a week.
We checked out three official Aire / Campsites in Calpe which were all full that night and while travelling around saw many vans parked overnight in the streets. They tended to be in the streets below the old Calpe Aire but not exclusively. In the street I was in there were upwards of eight vans.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Altea was full a couple of weeks ago, moved on to Calpe, where we 'camped' in the street.
n.b. Both of the inland sites near Altea are now closed 'Orange Grove' etc

Why did you camp in the street, was the site full.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Sorry slow wifi I didn't read the sites were full, did you notice that it looks like a new camper site being built near Lidl in Calpe?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
All the sites were full except for the regular camping site which just looked full. I am at heart a stingy devil and if there is a clear choice between a Campsite or free parking outside of the campsite......
We do not need electricity, or a campsite toilet, or anything else they have to offer...

Apr 22, 2015
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, we are in Denia until the 22nd, any advice on Benidorm please as we were hoping to meet up with some like minded people.

Thanks
Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back