Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
IMG_0746.JPG
we are just cleaning the van out from our weekend away,when my wife notices the shower tray is cracked not good , so I have taken a photo of it to start discussions with marquis regarding a warranty claim but when you expand the photo to the side of the crack you can see it's been bodged before this can only been done from new. So how do you think this claim is going to go and how do you think I should handle it . The van is 18 month old .

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Have you had the van from new? If so, no question new shower tray needed. We had similar with our van after six months replaced without any questions. I believe marquise give 3 year warranty, on their vans so shouldn't !!!!! Be a problem. Fingers crossed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Have you had the van from new? If so, no question new shower tray needed. We had similar with our van after six months replaced without any questions. I believe marquise give 3 year warranty, on their vans so shouldn't !!!!! Be a problem. Fingers crossed.
Yes we have had the van from new , my biggest fear is they say I have bodged it before which I haven't and if they do I how do I prove them wrong !

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
If they are within reasonable traveling distance I would turn up and ask for the service manager to come and see the problem.
Your opening sentence above should be almost word for word of how to start the conversation and see what response you get.
Hopefully they will agree and get it resolved to your total satisfaction

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
If they are within reasonable traveling distance I would turn up and ask for the service manager to come and see the problem.
Your opening sentence above should be almost word for word of how to start the conversation and see what response you get.
Hopefully they will agree and get it resolved to your total satisfaction
I agree but I am at best a bit fiery so this is going to take all my self control to come to a satisfactory conclusion and also due to work commitments I won't get to see them in their working hours I think I will have to drop the mh of on a Saturday afternoon and leave it with them for a week not ideal but I think it's the only way . This could be a interesting few months ahead!

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
I agree but I am at best a bit fiery so this is going to take all my self control to come to a satisfactory conclusion and also due to work commitments I won't get to see them in their working hours I think I will have to drop the mh of on a Saturday afternoon and leave it with them for a week not ideal but I think it's the only way . This could be a interesting few months ahead!
I would also be livid and find it difficult to stay calm BUT
If you can do as suggested you will have the element of surprise as his response to your statement will tell you straight away if they are going to be great or not.
Leaving it for them to decide it is your fault as your not in front of them is IMV a good possibility which is why I wouldn't ring up first (yes I am cynical)
If he backtracks or bullshits you will know and then it may be time to show that you aren't there to be fobbed off.
Start off with them straight and reasonable and hopefully it will be sorted with minimum disruption.
Good luck

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Marquis Preston, On recent form the manager will probably have you locked up.:whistle:

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Yes I might need back up as we have already had words at making an appointment stage it doesn't bode well lol

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Really can't see why there should be a problem.
As the van is under warranty why on earth would you want to try a make a 'bodge' repair yourself?
If the tray cracked while you owned the van you would have returned it to Marquis for repair, just as you are now.
For them to suggest that you are responsible for the 'bodge' would be plain daft.
Oh, I have good experience of Marquis bodge ups from our first new motorhome. (n):(

Richard.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks Richad that's a very good point and I will mention that to them ,just going off past experience I am expecting a hard time but if i am pleasantry surprised I will certainly give them credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Rule 1. Keep calm.
Rule 2. Know what your warranty covers.
Rule 3. Know what your warranty doesn't cover.
Rule 4. Know what your legal rights are when they say "get lost"

I don't the answers but I strongly suggest you find out before going there.
Good luck.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I think rule one is probably the most important then rule 4 thanks everyone for your support I feel a lot more confident now about taking it in .

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
I have shared this on another thread but thought it worth sharing again.

I am a firm believer in the E+R=O equation.

Event + Reaction = Outcome.

You can't change the event, but your reaction will define the outcome.

A bad event plus a good reaction equals a good outcome.
A bad event plus a bad reaction equals a bad outcome
A good event plus a bad reaction equals a bad outcome
A good event plus a good reaction equals a good outcome.

Stay calm, be reasonable, be pleasant, by all means be firm but most of all, remember that you need them to help you so dont p1ss them off! (y)

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Once again excellent advice ,the e r o equation could be used so many times in life (y) they will think I am a Buddhist monk when I walk into reception on Friday because I will be chanting that to myself lol

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Just got back from the dealership ,photos taken now I have to wait up to 6 weeks for them to make a decision on if its warranty job or not ! But it was all done in friendly and efficient way and I kept calm so fingers crossed for a satisfactory outcome .

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I know ,then if it's is a warranty job they then have to order parts from Spain then they have to see when they can fit me in . A long drawn out job I think !

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks Mickey , I am sure it will work out it's a bit disappointing And has taken the shine off my love of Benimar but hopefully all will be back on track soon . (y) But to make me feel a bit better there was a man booking in before with a swift and I thought I had problems .

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Really can't see why there should be a problem.
As the van is under warranty why on earth would you want to try a make a 'bodge' repair yourself?
If the tray cracked while you owned the van you would have returned it to Marquis for repair, just as you are now.
For them to suggest that you are responsible for the 'bodge' would be plain daft.
Oh, I have good experience of Marquis bodge ups from our first new motorhome. (n):(

Richard.
Good point Richard (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
have they done anything to allow you to use it right through summer, have you got anything booked?

hope you get it sorted, shower trays always worry me, at 18st +/- a lb or 2 they always creak more than I would like, too flimsy by far and what a risk with water everywhere o_O

bets of luck with it (y)

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
have they done anything to allow you to use it right through summer, have you got anything booked?

hope you get it sorted, shower trays always worry me, at 18st +/- a lb or 2 they always creak more than I would like, too flimsy by far and what a risk with water everywhere o_O

bets of luck with it (y)
Thanks David ,all they have done is put a bit of mastic over the crack and said it will be ok to use not so sure myself will be keeping a very close eye on it . I have I had my main holiday so that's not to bad we do have quite a few weekends booked but all at caravan sites so can use their facilities. :)

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Hope you get it sorted hassle free Howard otherwise it will be a Funsters convoy to Marquis HA HA
I'm in :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back