MacOS Mojave 10.14 Beta (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Thanks for heads up on new OS @scotjimland, looked at the details on link you provided and decided not to go with the Beta version but to wait for the release in the Autumn, Im in no hurry and don't have a backup Mac (although I do have an Airport time capsule)

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I have an eleven year old imac, unfortunately wont take anything above Snow Leopard. I am looking to replace it with a newer one, but non are in my price range.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
been using it all night, so far so good, no crashes or freezing .. not found any bugs yet ..

some nice new features.. like the new dark look and the Favicons on Safari tabs .

now doing wife's Airbook ..

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I have been using Mojave for a couple of weeks but just reverted to High Sierra. Most things seemed to work fine but I got a few messages saying certain apps were not compatible with this latest OSX version. Everything still worked till I started doing some serious photo editing in Lightroom. It became very slow and took ages to do simple adjustments. This was one of the apps that said werent compatible.
Last night I tried to edit some GoPro footage but neither Quick or GoPro Studio would start up.
That made the decision for me and I reinstalled my cloned copy of HS this morning.
I also have IOS 12 on my iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2. The only problem I have had so far was trying to attach a photo to a message on my iPhone. I can live with that and at least the apps on IOS12 seem to be being updated quickly.
I’ll try Mojave again when LR and GoPro update their apps to be compatible.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just a quick report..

Still using it and its had several updates,

Not keen on 'dark mode' some websites are difficult to read.. so not using that feature now

no serious problems, only minor glitches that have been reported and resolved.. Mail and Photos freezing occasionally.. but ok now

IOS 12 has also been great on my ageing iPhone 5s .. absolutely no problems

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Still using it and no real issues..

Latest news..

macOS Mojave, will be officially released on Monday, September 24. From that date it will come out of beta testing and will also be pre-installed on all new Macs.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't bother with Beta releases generally so will wait for the the full release dates.

Both look interesting though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back