Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
i am thinking of buying a flow jet portable macerator for my rv are thay any good

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Lyndon, a couple of members have bought macerators from Linda here. I do not know what make or model she sells but i am sure she will be along soon to tell you all about them:Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Lyndon, a couple of members have bought macerators from Linda here. I do not know what make or model she sells but i am sure she will be along soon to tell you all about them:Smile:

WELL I GOT ONE.

I assume you mean the pump/macerator that fits on the RV waste gate outlet.

Works very well.

Just don't use any push fit connectors as they block and restrict outlet flow.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Lyndon

Yeah I've got one good piece of kit works well mine can pump 30/40 mtrs no problem. I use couplings from Freedom in Tewksbury but I'm sure Linda can get them cheaper make sure you get good couplings though terrible mess otherwise.

From the pump I have about 2'6" of grey corrugated hose then I use various lenghts of blue 1" lay flat to the dump point. This allows the outgoing fluid to gain momentum before it hits the lay flat which if cold can be hard for the pump to open. I also always pump through some grey waste first just enough to make sure the hose is fully open then change to black and then back to grey. You need various lenghts of lay flat, if thats what you choose, which you can connect together because Murphy says you'll always be a few feet short but you don't want to add another 30ft if you can help it.

Hope this helps
Good Luck :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Lindon There seems to be two types, one has prongs which allow it to fit directly onto the 3" sewer outlet, the other needs a reducer. Personally and I have no proof of this, but I think the second one is more likely to get a blockage in the reducer pipe.

Some of the cheaper ones seem to lack power from what others have said.

Olley

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Lindon There seems to be two types, one has prongs which allow it to fit directly onto the 3" sewer outlet, the other needs a reducer. Personally and I have no proof of this, but I think the second one is more likely to get a blockage in the reducer pipe.

Some of the cheaper ones seem to lack power from what others have said.

Olley

Olley is right I forgot that. Mine is the one with the prongs which fits straight onto the outlet and has plenty of power did'nt fancy the other type myself.

OP
OP
LyndonRV

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
the 1 i am looking at is on ebay flojet portable macerator £200 is that a good price brand new ?

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
the 1 i am looking at is on ebay flojet portable macerator £200 is that a good price brand new ?

The seller is Stateside Tuning - Linda,

Contact her direct, mention MotorhomeFun and get 10% off - At least I *think* we get a discount...

HTH

Bryan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We Shuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre Do!!! I get slightly less, same as Steve for our cheek but youll be OK Lindon (theres a link top of this page)"State Side Tuning"
By the way StateSide came up trumps for me to day, Air horn valve,lights ,and other bits arrived 21 hrs after payment, 10/10 Linda :thumb:
Meep Meep Bryan:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Great bit of kit ..

Tip.. buy 30 mt of Clear 19mm plastic discharge hose .. you can then see EXACTLY what is going on :winky:

Available from plumbers merchants

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
yes, good kit.

bought good 1.25" flat hose on ebay. much cheapest around.

des

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Mine came from Lynda and VERY pleased with it.

I do however like to dump from time to tome normally so you get the whoosh effect that I feel clear any debris in the tank.

Waste is though normal hose pipe.

As it happens walked into delivery from her today on time as usual.

Last edited:
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Glad the deliveries got there chaps! :winky:

I keep the portable macerator kits Lyndon, they fit straight on to your sewer outlet and have a corded remote control so you can stand well back in case of emergencies :roflmto:

I also keep the hose connectors if you need them.

Cheers
Linda

PS You will get 10% discount on your order :winky:

PPS.......is that you bidding on my macerator on Ebay? :Blush:

Attachments

• flojet.jpg
    flojet.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
Flojet is a good piece of kit, make sure you use correct size cable , you don't want a lack of power when you need it the most!!!!!
Nigel

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have to smile when someone uses the expression its like shoving s**t uphill
I reply it was easy then was it, and then look at the puzzeld response:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I could be really unkind and make sarcastic remarks about you lot spouting a load of cr*p.... but its not in my nature :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back