Macerator in and working..... (1 Viewer)

P

paulmj

Deleted User
Well that's the poo-muncher in and working. Simple job really. So far only tested on clean water but all seems good. Once I have the loo back in I dare say it will get tested on something more...... challenging. Thanks to Linda for supplying the macerator et al. It doesn't half take some effort rolling that 3/4" hose up though. I have 30m and it weighs a ton. I suspect I will need another 30m roll for some locations. :Sad:

When wiring the muncher in I did find some horrendously bad wiring underneath where the UK conversion has been done. Sooner or later I'll have to rip it all out and do the job properly. Not impressed at all.

Also, it needs a damn good waxoiling. Time I bought a new waxoil sprayer for the air compressor - always a nice job.... :Sad:

So fingers crossed for the MOT on Weds. :whatthe:

Cheers.

Paul

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Get some roll flat hose if you need more, it doesn't try and escape from the locker when you stow it:Smile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah layflat hose is the answer.
I use a piece of the grey corrugated about 3ft long from the macerator then I have a variety of different length layflat. I bought about 50 metres from a local plant hire company really cheap and just cut it into 3 different lengths. Get some good connectors that won't fail and you'll be set up and also have a tidy locker.

Pump some grey through first to open the hose then switch to black and then flush with grey to finish, Easy.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

paulmj

Deleted User
Thanks for the tips chaps - I've heard mixed things about lay-flat though......... But different lenghts and the mix and match approach is the cunning plan. ::bigsmile:

Here's a question though...... In the instructions for the macerator it says to (after dumping the black) leave the black valve open and then open they grey. The idea being that they grey will flow back into the black tank and give it a flush. Is that a good idea as there must be a chance of contaminating the grey with black?????? Grateful for your thoughts. I don't think I need to do it as I have an inbuilt rotary flushing thingy installed in the black tank that sprays water in and cleans things up.

Cheers.

Paul

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thats a method I use, as i dont ever intend drinking out if either im not worried about cross contamination, I do before the grey gush has finished close the grey valve and empty the black again, before finishing of with grey.
Its all in the timing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
and its often refered to as a black art:RollEyes:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Certainly pays to flush I do it about every 6th time. The flush thingy are not very good to be honest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
i use 1.25" layflat hose bought on ebay. no problem pumping about 50m. i have a right angle bend with a short section of hose at the end, to direct the outflow downwards. definitely open with grey, as if you have a leak, you don't want to be a muck spreader. i use about 1m of corrugated to start, as this doesn't kink when bending round to get out of the RV. this split recently, spraying grey - thankfully not black - everywhere! i use connectors bought from an aquatic supplies place, with jubilee clips which can be tightened by hand rather than screwdriver. no doubt someone has a better solution.

des

OP
OP
P

paulmj

Deleted User
I'm using 3/4" construction grade round hose. It has a smooth inner so it shouldn't snag the nasties and is suppsed to be abrasion resistant. It is quite heavy though. But I'll live with that if it means I avoid a shower! ::bigsmile:

The plan is to have two lengths, a connector and a couple of those jubilee clips with a thumb handle on so I can join them together. As it am 3/4" all the the way the joiners shouldn't cause too much of a problem..... I hope.

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
hopefully, no leak near the radiator. wouldn't want the s*** to hit the fan!

des

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back