Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
I had a Ma-Ve auto levelling system fitted to my motorhome (Elddis Encore 285) six months ago. It seems to do the business, though sometimes a manual tweak is required to get the level exactly right. Has anyone had any problems with a Ma-Ve installation?

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I look forward to your responses with interest as I have been saving up for one of these systems but they keep putting the price up!

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Korgrocker

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
How's the system holding up, any issues?
So far so good. All I have had to do is occasionally clean road/site detritus from the support plates and apply a smidgeon of oil where they join the jack. Only issue is that the dog freaks out when I raise the jacks :giggle:

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We have had trouble with the control board it will not communicate by Bluetooth to my phone unless its 3 inches from the control box underneath the van, I have been in communication with Maeve and they have said they are going to send me a new version of the control board as soon as it passes final testing.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Korgrocker

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
We have had trouble with the control board it will not communicate by Bluetooth to my phone unless its 3 inches from the control box underneath the van, I have been in communication with Maeve and they have said they are going to send me a new version of the control board as soon as it passes final testing.
I set mine up for iPad connection over Bluetooth - it seemed to work fine but I only rarely use it - the installed control panel works for me. I just push the button and then go and connect the electrics while it gets on with it. Once or twice I've had to do a manual tweak - the control board doesn't get it right all the time. The fridge door is my level gauge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2019
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
rollerteam pegaso. A
Exp
a newby
We to find that it sometimes requires a manual touch to get level and other times it’s spot on. And quite a few times it’s not wanting to work on Bluetooth.

Rapidoman 2011

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 21, 2013
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9009 DFH
Exp
20 Years Plus
Well l had the Ma-ve self leveling fitted at Tow Tal, can not moan about them, first class service. But the system itself carries its own problems. The Bluetooth has only ever connected once, on the day l got it home, since then it says connected, then disconnects in the blink of an eye. My motorhome is a Rapido 9009, 8 meters long on a 4250 chassis, it was always abit low at the front, so you can imagine how high the front goes up to get level. To me the problem is when you want it to come down, it comes down with such a bump, and l don't like that, just feels like it won't do the front end any good. What l can not understand is, l have a digger, a tractor and both use hydraulics to lift things up and down, but you can put things down slowly, very slowly, now because the stupid Bluetooth don't work, l have to press the button to go down, l find myself a nervous wreck when it comes to pressing the button for the trip down.
Am l glad l had it, Not really, Would l have it again, not until the system takes it up and down at the same speed.
l do think at some stage l will take the system off and go back to my ramps,

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I had the same problem with the bluetooth on my MA-VE system, there is a software update for the main board which sorts the problem out, you can either contact MA-VE or your installer to get it done, or as we were in lockdown I did mine myself, you will need a printer USB lead, the software to load the update and the update are avaliable from the MA-VE website, its not to hard to do, the bluetooth then uses the later 2020 software which would not work with mine before the update.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back