LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I have MA-VE and it is excellent. Comes with a 3 year call out European warranty and an app.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I had a MA-VE system fitted to my Bailey 75-2 by Gliderite. Three trips to Liphook from South London and also a visit to my home by importers TowTal and they just could not get the system to work properly. They never got either my Samsung S7 or Samsung tablet to pair and operate the system through Bluetooth. Eventually I had the system removed and refund issued. I parted friends with Gliderite and their staff who did their utmost to get me a functional system. I then had Rosmia fit a E&P system with hardware remote included. They fitted VB Comfort Air to the rear at the same time. I had one rear jack fail and that was replaced under warranty by Rosmia. The system has otherwise been a delight to use and I would recommend hydraulic levellers to anyone. I was an early adopter of MA-VE and taken in by their slightly cheaper offering. I suspect the system is more sorted now although I still hear complaints about Bluetooth pairing on the internet grapevine. Give me a hardware remote anyday. My chassis is ALKO and they have acquired E&P since my system was fitted. To me that is the rubber stamping of an excellent reliable system. Had I have been north of Watford I would have gone to SAP as their reputation for E&P installations seems to be the stuff of legend.

menis

Free Member
Nov 28, 2010
Pickering, North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML 580
Exp
Since 2010
Ma-Ve was on our van when we bought it - only used it on site in anger once due to Covid, but used it to 'relieve' tyres whilst parked on our drive. Has a wired control panel above the hab door and can also use the App on my Android phone.
10/10 from me !
Menis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I had a MA-VE system fitted to my Bailey 75-2 by Gliderite. Three trips to Liphook from South London and also a visit to my home by importers TowTal and they just could not get the system to work properly. They never got either my Samsung S7 or Samsung tablet to pair and operate the system through Bluetooth. Eventually I had the system removed and refund issued. I parted friends with Gliderite and their staff who did their utmost to get me a functional system. I then had Rosmia fit a E&P system with hardware remote included. They fitted VB Comfort Air to the rear at the same time. I had one rear jack fail and that was replaced under warranty by Rosmia. The system has otherwise been a delight to use and I would recommend hydraulic levellers to anyone. I was an early adopter of MA-VE and taken in by their slightly cheaper offering. I suspect the system is more sorted now although I still hear complaints about Bluetooth pairing on the internet grapevine. Give me a hardware remote anyday. My chassis is ALKO and they have acquired E&P since my system was fitted. To me that is the rubber stamping of an excellent reliable system. Had I have been north of Watford I would have gone to SAP as their reputation for E&P installations seems to be the stuff of legend.
That was bad luck. Mine has a hardware control and by an app and both work perfectly. It was no cheaper than E&P and I only picked it because it was the closest installer and a 3 year call out warranty rather than the 2 years return to base installer.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
EP for me everytime, forget the app and go with the trusted system and installers

I have 2 controls, 1 fixed in the garage and the other a remote, the pump is mounted underneath on the chassis in its own polycarbonate box so out of the way.
It’s been a godsend tbh 👍

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
E&p fitted by sap doncaster.
Rated 5☆
Highly recommended
I am tempted but to be honest, can’t be arsed the get the van totally level anyway. As long as me drink stays in the glass and the shower drains then it is OK........ :wink:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-095058_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-095058_Google.jpg
    635.2 KB · Views: 29

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I am tempted but to be honest, can’t be arsed the get the van totally level anyway. As long as me drink stays in the glass and the shower drains then it is OK........ :wink:

you guys need to learn a bit ;)

for heavens sake, drink from the bottle and never put it down,that way no spilling any

simples :ROFLMAO:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am ok for scotch at the moment . it was my birthday last week i was given 3 bottles last week. Got enough to share .Even for that DuxDeluxe .

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
I have just become a dealer for Mave, quite impressed with it

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
MA VE may be a good system, but you need to have these things fitted by someone who has fitted many before. Gliderite may know better by now, but they appeared to have very little experience a few years ago.
E&P has, I believe, been fitted to many more vans so I'd expect it to have much better pedigree.

R1guy

Free Member
Sep 7, 2018
East yorks
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years
Is it just my memory or has the price of these systems gone up by about £1500 in the last 12 months?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Most anyone who has owned American A Class vans will have enjoyed the gadget that is auto levellers/Jacks And I'd say they are, for the most part, essential. You see, American fridges used to really need to be level. and 1 ton plus slideouts will ruin your day if you are not rock steady and level before you deploy them. On some RVs its impossible to push a slide out unless the levellers are deployed and report they are level. RV's tend to be long vans too, and long vans can be a pain to get level, and a pain to live in when they are not. So having owned and used them I get it, they are great.

What i don't get are all those people in sub 8m vans who want to pay £5k for levellers as a sort of fashion statement. Now I love a gadget, but no way would I put levellers on a van that is under 8m. I've seen tiny vans with them fitted, but if you are one of those guys, don't let me stop you, as you all know I love a giggle.

levels.jpg

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
What i don't get are all those people in sub 8m vans who want to pay £5k for levellers as a sort of fashion statement. Now I love a gadget, but no way would I put levellers on a van that is under 8m. I've seen tiny vans with them fitted, but if you are one of those guys, don't let me stop you, as you all know I love a giggle.

View attachment 491910
As you are fond of saying "each to their own". I have a 7.5mtr with jacks and I like to sleep level, like to know I can fit a spare easily should I need to and that my fridge will work because it's level.

Keep giggling 😜

R1guy

Free Member
Sep 7, 2018
East yorks
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years
It would be fantastic to be level with a press of a button..........be it a very over priced button.
The hydraulic pump and valves is just under £500 and the rams are approx £85 each and say £170 for pipes.
So as most mobile phones have built in sensors. How the hell do they get £5000 pounds from?
oh and i could make the required brackets in half a day.
Don't misunderstand me. I would have them myself if they had a realistic price.
or perhaps to pass the long winter nights when i'm not busy, I could research and compile a kit for a fraction of the price and buy myself a new Concorde with the profits.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Most anyone who has owned American A Class vans will have enjoyed the gadget that is auto levellers/Jacks And I'd say they are, for the most part, essential. You see, American fridges used to really need to be level. and 1 ton plus slideouts will ruin your day if you are not rock steady and level before you deploy them. On some RVs its impossible to push a slide out unless the levellers are deployed and report they are level. RV's tend to be long vans too, and long vans can be a pain to get level, and a pain to live in when they are not. So having owned and used them I get it, they are great.

View attachment 491910
I still consider myself a newbie motorhomer even though I’ve had half a dozen 2 month trips to Spain, on those trips we never stayed long in one place, which meant many uneven places and it never bothered me, but now I’ve booked E&P levelling I’m thinking what a pain it was using ramps and how much easier it would have been just to press a button, yes it’s expensive but what the hell.

Mickey.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
It would be fantastic to be level with a press of a button..........be it a very over priced button.
The hydraulic pump and valves is just under £500 and the rams are approx £85 each and say £170 for pipes.
So as most mobile phones have built in sensors. How the hell do they get £5000 pounds from?
oh and i could make the required brackets in half a day.
Don't misunderstand me. I would have them myself if they had a realistic price.
or perhaps to pass the long winter nights when i'm not busy, I could research and compile a kit for a fraction of the price and buy myself a new Concorde with the profits.
They are not cheap but there is a lot more to take into account than what you have described. A days labour to fit it, premises, lifting equipment, R&D, hardware engineers, software engineers, different chassis layouts, safety approvals, warranty issues etc.

R1guy

Free Member
Sep 7, 2018
East yorks
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years
They are not cheap but there is a lot more to take into account than what you have described. A days labour to fit it, premises, lifting equipment, R&D, hardware engineers, software engineers, different chassis layouts, safety approvals, warranty issues etc.
Yes , but still no reason for such a high price. Very similar systems in the states cost £2100 and also have all the same expenses as we do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back