Ma-Ve v E&P LEVEL (1 Viewer)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
For roughly the same money, couldn't you get full air suspension? Don't they have a levelling feature? OK, there's not a ton of range on the airbags, and it wouldn't do bad slopes, but cover the wonk of most pitches. With the bonus that you get a better ride too?

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
For roughly the same money, couldn't you get full air suspension? Don't they have a levelling feature? OK, there's not a ton of range on the airbags, and it wouldn't do bad slopes, but cover the wonk of most pitches. With the bonus that you get a better ride too?
Its not enough to level. Only on a slight incline would it make a difference.

Oct 10, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
2 years
Tried to get MA-VE fitted since last July but constantly told no stock coming from manufacturer. As soon as I catch the importer providing stock to Towtal (owned by the same people) in preference to my local installer a kit turns up. Shame last week I'd just given up and paid a deposit for an E&P system to be installed in 2 weeks despite the MA-VE importer claiming 4 month wait time for E&P.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Tried to get MA-VE fitted since last July but constantly told no stock coming from manufacturer. As soon as I catch the importer providing stock to Towtal (owned by the same people) in preference to my local installer a kit turns up. Shame last week I'd just given up and paid a deposit for an E&P system to be installed in 2 weeks despite the MA-VE importer claiming 4 month wait time for E&P.
Fate has taken a hand and got you the proven system.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
As jim said on big american rvs it is an essential bit of kit that (on my damon many years ago) was just buttons, no app, no remote, you are in the van...you dont level it from the pub down the road 🤷‍♂️

I have seen hydraulic rams on a hymer pvc but it's their money 👍

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Most anyone who has owned American A Class vans will have enjoyed the gadget that is auto levellers/Jacks And I'd say they are, for the most part, essential. You see, American fridges used to really need to be level. and 1 ton plus slideouts will ruin your day if you are not rock steady and level before you deploy them. On some RVs its impossible to push a slide out unless the levellers are deployed and report they are level. RV's tend to be long vans too, and long vans can be a pain to get level, and a pain to live in when they are not. So having owned and used them I get it, they are great.

What i don't get are all those people in sub 8m vans who want to pay £5k for levellers as a sort of fashion statement. Now I love a gadget, but no way would I put levellers on a van that is under 8m. I've seen tiny vans with them fitted, but if you are one of those guys, don't let me stop you, as you all know I love a giggle.

View attachment 491910
Ours is 6m and if I could justify £5k to have levelling, I would do it. The setup of our van, like many Ducatos, is slightly nose down. This means that even on dead level ground the shower water does not drain cleanly into the tank. I realise this is a first-world problem, but it’s still an annoyance that needs to be prevented with ramps. I wasn’t lucky enough to win the levellers prize on offer last year, but maybe there’ll be another chance Jim ?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
As jim said on big american rvs it is an essential bit of kit that (on my damon many years ago) was just buttons, no app, no remote, you are in the van...you dont level it from the pub down the road 🤷‍♂️

I have seen hydraulic rams on a hymer pvc but it's their money 👍
It is a cost but why shouldn’t a pvc have hydrolic rams for levelling, comfort and convenience? An alternative argument could be manufactures should fit these as standard items to longer MoHo’s. PVC’s Can be as short as 5.4 metres and have much less space for storage for things such as ramps. For those who have invested in them I doubt they will think it’s a waste of money.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
A local dealer fits
Does it matter that they’re local, it’s a motorhome, designed to travel.
We could have had Ma-Ve or E&P fitted within 45 minutes travel from home but, after much research, decided on the HPC system which incurred well over two hours of motorway over the Pennines.
In the long run the right system is better than initial convenience of fitting.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Does it matter that they’re local, it’s a motorhome, designed to travel. In the long run the right system is better than initial convenience of fitting.
I agree the right system is the best system and for us it was always going to be E&P.

The fact that E&P’s voted No.1 dealer, SAP Doncaster is 30 mins away was a massive bonus to us as well 👍

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I agree the right system is the best system and for us it was always going to be E&P.

The fact that E&P’s voted No.1 dealer, SAP Doncaster is 30 mins away was a massive bonus to us as well 👍
I agree and if SAP fitted the HPC system I would have gone there too. Mick was very professional and knowledgeable when I spoke with him at Lincoln show but unfortunately it’s what he said and showed me that put onto the HPC.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I agree and if SAP fitted the HPC system I would have gone there too. Mick was very professional and knowledgeable when I spoke with him at Lincoln show but unfortunately it’s what he said and showed me that put onto the HPC.
may I ask what he said and showed you to sway you away from HPC

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
may I ask what he said and showed you to sway you away from HPC
It was all around the overall weight of the system, the electronics, control of and amount of space needed to fit not a only the pump but also the ‘brain box’ as he referred to it.
The HPC is lighter, has less space required, no additional ’brain box’ it’s integrated, and it came with Phone app control, at the time the E&P was a wired in hand set near the driver.
The difference in weight was around 20kg.

Aug 19, 2016
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I went with HPC in the end and am very happy with the system and the install, local Ma-Ve dealer upset me following a semi air fit that was very poorly done so it cost them the leveling deal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back