M6 Toll road pass (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I have received this information in the last few weeks-forgive me if it has already been covered.
'If you are in receipt of high rate component of mobility with your Disability Living Allowance you can apply for the pass.
Disabled drivers and drivers providing transport for disable people can apply for the exemption pass which allows free travel for nominated vehicles.'
Telephone 0870 850 6262 to apply

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes I had it but had to pay upfront fee, it also only applies to one vehicle and soon after change it so would have to start again:Sad:

Now this is great if your local and the car you drive is invariably taxed disabled anyway.

I prefer the Severn bridge where you show your blue Badge and they scan it and look at the photo on it.

If I lived near Birmingham its very worthwhile:thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I dont understand why the disabled should get it, cant they drive along the M6 the same as the rest of us?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I'll never use that bloody road again after being charged the same as a lorry!!
Not quite as motorhome-friendly as the QE bridge or the continental toll roads!

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Here we go again....Motorhome What????

Dave its a serious question.

I can understand free parking near supermarkets etc, but there is nothing that prevents anyone from travelling along the M6.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave its a serious question.

I can understand free parking near supermarkets etc, but there is nothing that prevents anyone from travelling along the M6.
There is if you have Arther Whithurst in your knees and feet and have to keep dipping the clutch every 20 yards for 2 hours.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I would swap my disability for a few perks any time.

Try having 24 hour pain in your legs and and arms plus slowly having parts hacked off, I also have arthritis made worse from my diabetic issues.

I to have a more pain the more i need to use my pedals, tis a shame but a fact.

I am pleased someone has put something of help into the disability area of the forum that might help others.

Thank you.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Fair comment, but what about all the other roads.

Before you ask, yes I do know about pain,
Sister who is on high dosage of Morphine
Mother with two knackered knees
Dad with quad bypass, epilepsy and broken ankle,

ShiftZZ

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Fair comment, but what about all the other roads.

Before you ask, yes I do know about pain,
Sister who is on high dosage of Morphine
Mother with two knackered knees
Dad with quad bypass, epilepsy and broken ankle,

ShiftZZ

Easy answer they should apply for the concession as they clearly qualify:winky:

RubyVan

Free Member
Oct 2, 2010
Market Harborough Leics
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
14yrs but tuger for over 20yrs previos
:Smile::Smile:i have sympathy for 'Roadrunner' and 'Snowbird' i experienced same type of problems driving in 'stop Go' traffic. Solved it by having hand controls fitted. made driving a pleasure again

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Anyone want to borrow my wheelchair?

Here we go again....Motorhome What????

I will swap my wheelchair for your legs anytime.. I agree with you John ... So what if we get a few perks.. So what:Angry:... I had to have a hip disarticulation... To the ignorant on the site means no left leg and no hip... .. I supose you object to me having an nhs wheelchair?

Boy o boy... You need to get a life.

Bob:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I will swap my wheelchair for your legs anytime.. I agree with you John ... So what if we get a few perks.. So what:Angry:... I had to have a hip disarticulation... To the ignorant on the site means no left leg and no hip... .. I supose you object to me having an nhs wheelchair?

Boy o boy... You need to get a life.

Bob:Angry::Angry::Angry:
???????????I realy dont know why you have quoted my post Bob............
But.....Ah well.....Oh by the way....I do have a life....cos I made it that way.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I don't give a stuff what concessions anyone gets but if i had the kind of pain mentioned in the last few posts i wouldn't be driving a manual box....sounds like self punishment to me.

my m.i.l. has osteoporosis, knackered hips and arfer eyetus but the stubborn old bugger wont use her wheel chair even though we can hear her hip bones grinding.
that is pure martyrdom to pain and could so easily be avoided.
IF she drove, we would insist on an auto box.

now...lay on the couch and tell me your earliest recollection of needing to be punished.:roflmto:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I myself have problems but do not see why everyone else should pay more toll fee so disabled drivers can have a free short cut hardhat

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well frankly, we don't use it any more, the only time we would is on Friday afternoon if we needed to go north. Which obviously we would try to avoid if possible. But if their overcharging is enabling them to make it free for a few folk then I think that's jolly good.

And we do all need to remember that the majority of the folk on the forum who would be eligible, prolly won't use it all that much anyway in which case it costs nuffink at all!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
There is if you have Arther Whithurst in your knees and feet and have to keep dipping the clutch every 20 yards for 2 hours.

I think you'll find the last few posters all drive american vehicles with auto boxes :Doh::RollEyes:
i assume dave is talking about himself in the above post.

i know he has a yank but also has a VW, which i also assume is manual ?

if pressing the clutch repeatedly produces so much pain, then why drive a manual ?

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Blue Badge holders must apply in advance for an M6 toll pass for their nominated vehicle. The pass is valid for 3 years and there is an admin fee of £15, the charge also applies for change of vehicle details & renewals. M6 toll website is www.m6toll.co.uk

Hope this helps and dont forget it can be passenger or driver that holds the badge.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just as a point of interest I live 1 hours drive north of the toll,have used it once and found it expensive.I could have the consesion if I wanted it but choose not too.Thats my choice.If on the other hand another disabled user who wants to use the consession does so,thats his choice and I personaly dont have a problem with that.I must have travelled up and down that stretch of the M6 thousands of times and know what time I have to hit it at to get through without a problem.As a matter of fact am leaving at 4am in the morning to go to Hatfield,no point using the toll at that time,hopefully will be shoveling on coal through Birmingham.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back