Free Member
Sep 21, 2013
skipton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since2007
Used the m6 toll road today,for the 1st time, the price for motor home was £11.00
Having a memory recall of reading on here about discounts I asked at the toll booth attendant about discount as we are members of caravan club,
Answer was yes .
I produced membership card and got 50% discount what a great saving half the full price I was asked to pay at the start , so it is worth mentioning if you wish to travel on this motorway,

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Wonder if Caravan and Camping Club also have discount ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you are going to the NEC and book online, you can get a discount for it I think.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I've only used the M6 toll 6 times but each time I've had the discount and leave my CC membership card in a slot in my sun visor as a reminder. Love the M6 toll, it reminds me of the motorways in France, lovely and quite, that in it's self is worth paying for. (y)

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We always use the Toll road it's the better way round Birmingham, I also use the CC Card when returning from Spain in May mine has run out in March but they always accept it and give the discount, on Monday this week on the Toll road we saw 6 unmarked traffic cars that had pulled up vehicles so remember it might be clear but not unpoliced. Pete

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is amazing isn't it..
We have used the M6 toll twice, and twice been stuck in massive tail backs..
Never again !!

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
It is amazing isn't it..
We have used the M6 toll twice, and twice been stuck in massive tail backs..
Never again !!
Thats because you are from Narfook, Suffolk people never get stuck in jams!
Promise to try and go to the Thetford bash next year, thanks for the dates
Phil

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
took a barrier out on there. it went up all right. but came down again between my cab and my trailer. no damage to me. but can not say the same for the barrier.

Furry Paws

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily Bus
Exp
Since 2015
Used the m6 toll road today,for the 1st time, the price for motor home was £11.00
Having a memory recall of reading on here about discounts I asked at the toll booth attendant about discount as we are members of caravan club,
Answer was yes .
I produced membership card and got 50% discount what a great saving half the full price I was asked to pay at the start , so it is worth mentioning if you wish to travel on this motorway,
If you are a Blue Badge holder you can get a card that gives 100% discount! I have one but the holder has to be in the Van to be able to use it, and it only allows one vehicle on the account. It's called a Mobility Exemption Pass. If you or anyone in your family receive maximum PIP or DLA for mobility you can apply for free Road Tax as well.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Who says time travel doesn't exist ? :)

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
A bit like when you are buying something online where you get "you might want to consider" (usually something totally irrelevant to what you're buying!).:rolleyes:

Wait until we're asked to provide feedback on our forum experience every time we view a post :roflmto:

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
And how has your forum experience been today:-
Excellent -
Good -
Not bad -
reasonable -
SoSo -
Poor -

Please tick your preference & thank you for taking part in this exercise

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I just use waze. If it tells me the M6 is clear that's the way I go

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
We find the M6 such a bone shaker of a road that we have reverted to the Toll expecting to pay £11 plus small car we were towing last September but surprisingly camera did not pick up the car.

Aug 17, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2011
Only used M6 toll once. A few years ago in the van. Motorways were snarled up. Sat nav said take toll road.
We new about CMC discount
Confronted by unmanned pay station.
No means of getting discount and add to search van for the 10 quid cash only toll.
Got on our way to be taken off at the next junction.
10 quid for about 2 miles I reckon
Should have stayed on and got my monies worth.:(:frowny:

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I just use waze. If it tells me the M6 is clear that's the way I go
Living not far from j2 m6 and using the m6 daily.

What’s so annoying is they always tell you on the signs that the m6 toll is clear of traffic.

They never say the m6 is clear.:mad: Making drivers think they will benefit by using the toll.

Most of the hold ups are invariably north of the toll joining the m6 and so a waste of money going on the toll. Never use it myself for that reason

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Living not far from j2 m6 and using the m6 daily.

What’s so annoying is they always tell you on the signs that the m6 toll is clear of traffic.

They never say the m6 is clear.:mad: Making drivers think they will benefit by using the toll.

Most of the hold ups are invariably north of the toll joining the m6 and so a waste of money going on the toll. Never use it myself for that reason
(y)(y)

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Answer was yes .
Pity I didn't know this when I went along it at the end of last year! But handy for a trip next weekend, so thanks for mentioning. Here's hoping I remember!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back