Free Member
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,
We are new to Motorhomes & we are thinking about buying a Swift Kon-Tiki 655 (03, 28,000 miles). Can anybody give us some feedback or advise on what we should be looking for on this van. Thanks, M&S

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think damp is your main concern. Mechanically it has done less than 3000 miles a year so should be OK but check when it was last serviced and if it has a timing belt (I think it does) when was it last changed. It should have been done at least once.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Dealers referred to these early vans as konleaki's for good reason. I needed an umbrella while sitting in the lounge in mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Michael, your initial concern is to ensure you are buying from the owner! Once satisfied with that, then you must ensure it's the precise layout you require. The wrong layout is the number one reason why people change motorhomes, normally buying three before getting it right. Getting it right first time can save you a lot of money. Next thing to worry about is damp, look (and smell) for it, look for water marks on ceiling, look at the ceiling in overhead lockers, feel for it around windows and vents, ask for damp guarantees etc. Buying a damp motorhome can be a very costly mistake. These are the biggies to look out for but there are dozens more. Before you buy you really should check out my signature below :) (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back