Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Greetings fellow M/homers . I hear a lot of debate about wether garmin or tomtom is better and are these truck/m/home special sat navs any good?
After a little surf I came across this sitethat adds m/home capability to your old sat nav as a either a download or a CD rom. The m/home addon incls low bridges,weight restriction narrow roads and widthbollards and also camp sites laybys (large ones for lorry overnighting)blue flag beaches supermarkets etc.
For my garmin 255w the add onis £54.99 with color handbook and tips. If you are happy with your own satnav and its little quirks this is an option
ooops better give the site details http://www.hgvsolutions.com.
I have not tried this so am only adding to the big debate

OP
OP
teknik155

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
yes but a lot of m/homers don't cross the water. I only suggested it as they have a telephone help line for the nonpc members.££ to save compared to a new truck based sat nav

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just had a play on the webpage and where it asks for a discount code just enter any old word....i entered 'rubbish' the first time and 'ME' the second time i filled it in...it then states a £10 discount has been add and unlimited downloads apply.

thats fine, until you go to checkout and the final price is still the original £54.99 price.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
just had a play on the webpage and where it asks for a discount code just enter any old word....i entered 'rubbish' the first time and 'ME' the second time i filled it in...it then states a £10 discount has been add and unlimited downloads apply.

thats fine, until you go to checkout and the final price is still the original £54.99 price.

WELL YOU STARTED IT:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Its still the same ole bullshit they are peddling:RollEyes:
using legal road weights and widths to create a trucker or motor home sat nav aint the way:Doh:

Example
if you drive a large motor home and there are no legal weight or width restrictions on your chosen route the nav system will send you there, despite the roads being totally unsuitable No one has up to now been out an measured with a tape measure or satellite imaging system the "Proper" width of all the roads and until someone does it will never be a "Truckers sat nav" despite what name you want to call it it will never in my opinion be worth the extra charged for such units or £50 odd quid for any add on:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am missing something as it appears nothing more than a list of POIs that you could probably obtain legally free from elsewhere?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back