LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi ours is due in the next few days.I have been quoted a renewal premium of £222 inc legal expenses (£21) with £100 xs -- how is this comparing to what you are paying ?
No overseas or recovery needed --seems reasonable to me unless you know different :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi ours is due in the next few days.I have been quoted a renewal premium of £222 inc legal expenses (£21) with £100 xs -- how is this comparing to what you are paying ?
No overseas or recovery needed --seems reasonable to me unless you know different :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

£330 here with recovery, legal and overseas. Swinton.

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Sounds very reasonable, I paid £380 in Feb with Safeguard, who are owned by Swinton I believe. This includes legal, overseas and breakdown. I wonder why I'm paying so much after 9 years with them and no claims. Must look around next Feb for something cheaper.

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
just paid £314.35

just paid £314.35 on motor home one year old and cost new £58.000, and i think that is not bad?.

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
M/H insurance

Terry mine due on 22nd of this month which company are you with

Alf

barbt

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
KENT
Funster No
Exp
two
Sounds very reasonable, I paid £380 in Feb with Safeguard, who are owned by Swinton I believe. This includes legal, overseas and breakdown. I wonder why I'm paying so much after 9 years with them and no claims. Must look around next Feb for something cheaper.

Phil.
I use Insurance Choice - very competitive prices - just over £200.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Alf We are with Caravan club,they also promise to beat your renewal premium by £25 on a like for like cover ---did it last yr-- did not beat my renewal quote but I rang CC and within 15 mins they were back on phone and as good as there promise :thumb:
terry
will also give barbt's insurance choice a ring tomorrow

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
M/H insurance ??

Hi Terry I tried Safeguard and Caravan Guard.
Caravand Guard was double my renewal
I rang SAGA back and they dopped my renewal by £35 so at £ 230 its not too bad. :thumb:
We are in CCC I would not give CC :Angry: house room so cannot try them.

Alf

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Alf and all, a quick update -- Insurance Choice were £19 dearer,Saga are £1 cheaper but if you get a quote for another product (not take it out,just quote) they give a £30 discount on top so saving £31.Only problem they do not and cannot offer the same level of cover,so it may well be CC for us, but then again Saga probably gives us enough cover for what we need::bigsmile:

BTW Saga covers 365 days euro,CC 270 days in any one trip and IC was 30 days per trip.
terry
edit Alf you do not need to join CC to take out insurance ?

Last edited:

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Insurance Renewal

Terry
I looked in the August MMM for the CC phone no their ad is on page 233 it states this insurance is for CC members only so took it at face value and did not ring :Sad:
so its SAGA again i suppose :thumb:

Did you try SAGA

Alf

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Insurance

We are in the same situation> I am ringing round now. We had our Insurance with Saga last year and they have come in at £336.45 with no breakdown cover as we still have Fiat Assist for our 2nd year. The C Club have quoted me £309.74 so think I will now go back to Saga and see if they can match it, only thing we didn,t like about Saga was they charged us extra last year for putting the van in storage although this years quote does cover that. I have tried Swinton who transfered me to Safeguard they were £320. Adrian Flux who people seem to reccomend told me "IF YOU CAN GET THAT PRICE I WOULD TAKE IT WE CAN,T MATCH IT"

Any more ideas maybe i can get a quote with a 2 in it would be nice- Sue

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Sue the CC promise to beat your renal quote by £25 so it should be a little cheaper :thumb:
BTW the INSURANCE CHOICE was only 240 for us -- both to drive, clean licences over ten yrs, full no claims, legal cover 100xs and van @ 17,000 agreed value so keep shopping around
terry

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Terry
I looked in the August MMM for the CC phone no their ad is on page 233 it states this insurance is for CC members only so took it at face value and did not ring :Sad:
so its SAGA again i suppose :thumb:

Did you try SAGA

Alf
Good luck with SAGA!

I'm saying now't

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I've been with Saga for 18 years now no problem, house ,car,motorhome.

have you had one SS dont just say now't and hide :Eeek: spit it out man.

Alf
I hope you never have a very bad 'shunt' in Poland, but if you did, I think you would expect immediate assistance and constant contact from your insurer ?
Now't more to say!

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi a quick update.We have stayed with the CC @ £221,the Saga ended up cheaper @ 191 after having a quote for house ins--they sent me a rather nice torch with the quote :thumb::ROFLMAO: but the CC gave us more cover :thumb:
terry

D

Deleted member 6950

Deleted User
...BTW Saga covers 365 days euro,CC 270 days in any one trip and IC was 30 days per trip. ..

Hi Terry,

Insurance Choice offer up to 365 foreign cover as is shown on our banners on this website.
You might want to call Jamie (Motorhome Insurance Manager) on monday just to confirm your quote and details, please:Smile:

Some insurance companies have a standard period of foreign cover with the option to extend, but not everyone is aware of this, so this could be the case with others you have contacted, so it might be worth checking with them as well.

Jamie is the expert with this, whereas I'm just the marketing guy, so what do I know:Wacko:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Richard, already quoted from IC at a very competitive £240 :thumb:It may well be worth others giving your company a ring as some are being asked for above £350
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back