Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Does anyone know if the aire at lytham is open, I read somewhere it was shut temporarily due to rowdworks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We used it this time last year to take Grandkids to Blackpool illuminations.. It's on the rear carpark by the cinema entrance. A pub is alongside. No facilities.

Theres an aire at Lytham St Annes ?

526424_10201586806491540_1318211404_n.jpg
996544_10201586801491415_1604328777_n.jpg

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We've been there many times it' s a great place to stop I haven't heard that it is closed for road works. Check on the Fylde council website.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oops, looks like their signwriter's proofreader had the day off !

Help please. Why? I thought you meant the apostrophe but it is in right place, only one car park and can park in its lower bays ... Is something spelt incorrectly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Help please. Why? I thought you meant the apostrophe but it is in right place, only one car park and can park in its lower bays ... Is something spelt incorrectly, Dee?

Check out the vehicle length ;)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Rosie ... was too busy looking at commas and double letters... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I was involved with the original consultation and the council are always interested in receiving feedback. So please support Fylde council by giving the 'Aire' a try.

You get level hard standing on the sea front close to the town centre,swimming pool, mini bowling, Toby carvery, beach and prom.

Reactions: GJH

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Good to know it's there. Might be handy for when we visit our son in Stockport as there is no room at his place for the van - and I would worry about folk damaging it.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
niice to see a council thats open to the idea, hope its a success Then other councils might be persuaded to try

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
niice to see a council thats open to the idea, hope its a success Then other councils might be persuaded to try
I think there is a hint as to how to achieve that in these posts :)
The result of a lot of hard work by people (not me) making a case to the council to show them that it would be viable (y)

I was involved with the original consultation and the council are always interested in receiving feedback. So please support Fylde council by giving the 'Aire' a try.

You get level hard standing on the sea front close to the town centre,swimming pool, mini bowling, Toby carvery, beach and prom.

mpo

Free Member
Oct 15, 2014
lancs
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
You can park on the main rd as a last resort near the garden features there's usually a few camper/ motorhomes there and hotels over the road so always people about so it's quite safe hope this helps if the airs is shut Enjoy

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
You can park on the main rd as a last resort near the garden features there's usually a few camper/ motorhomes there and hotels over the road so always people about so it's quite safe hope this helps if the airs is shut Enjoy
You can but the road is narrow when two vehicles pass, the camber slopes to the side, the traffic is busy/noisy all night, it pees off the locals. But yes you can park there if it is a last option.

The other option is the Toby car park which is free after 6.00 if I remember correctly. However it is for customers only, so buy a meal and I cant see any reason they wont let you park over night. Im not sure what time you have to be off in the morning though.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You can but the road is narrow when two vehicles pass, the camber slopes to the side, the traffic is busy/noisy all night, it pees off the locals. But yes you can park there if it is a last option.
Peeing off the locals is actually mentioned (in rather more formal language :)) in the Overnight Parking Pilot Report so those who continue to do so after Fylde Council have tried to help don't really do us any favours do they?
The other option is the Toby car park which is free after 6.00 if I remember correctly. However it is for customers only, so buy a meal and I cant see any reason they wont let you park over night. Im not sure what time you have to be off in the morning though.
No pub chains/breweries officially allow overnight habitation because they are aware of the 1960 Act restrictions. Whether an individual landlord would allow it would be up to him :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just a bit of info in case people want to go into Blackpool.
Some vans park on the seafront during the day, however if you check the parking signs there are weight restrictions, so I have never chanced it,,,, The council do state Bank st car park as authorised parking for motorhomes, this is near the Railway station and North pier..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just a bit of info in case people want to go into Blackpool.
Some vans park on the seafront during the day, however if you check the parking signs there are weight restrictions, so I have never chanced it,,,, The council do state Bank st car park as authorised parking for motorhomes, this is near the Railway station and North pier..
Motorhomes can also be parked at Foxhall Village, Gynn Square and Seasiders Way (previously Lonsdale B). Seasiders Way (just north of the football ground) is the most economical as it has a special motorhome rate of £5 for up to 12 hours (no habitation though).

EDIT - Just remembered the note on the On Street page - "Motor homes are not permitted to use on-street parking, even when using a Blue Badge."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back