LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I am thinking of going to Lyndon Top, probably in November or December, principally with a view to taking some nice pictures of Rutland water in its stark winter form after the leaves have fallen. It's only about 20 odd miles from home, so is ideal for a weekend away. I see however that it is a grass site, so I'm concerned about getting stuck in mud at that time of year. Have any of you been there in the wet season and, if so, did you encounter any problems?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have stayed there in late October and the ground was fine. It is well drained.

Assuming it is still open though, as the husband, sadly, recently passed away. I am not sure if the wife is still running it.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There is some hardstanding

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
There is so much room there I can't see any problem, Rutland Water is beautiful when ever you visit, would love to see some of your photos.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You'll be fine unless the weather is so bad you probably wouldn't want to go anyway.

It's very well drained.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Madie is still there and The owners son was carrying on as well. I go there a lot and never got stuck yet there are some softer bits then use the harder standing areas.
Go for a reccy' trip and see for yourself. £7.00 a night with drop and water. No electricity at all on the entire site because of council restrictions. even the barn has a generator when they need power.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Madie is still there and The owners son was carrying on as well. I go there a lot and never got stuck yet there are some softer bits then use the harder standing areas.
Go for a reccy' trip and see for yourself. £7.00 a night with drop and water. No electricity at all on the entire site because of council restrictions. even the barn has a generator when they need power.

Will be there the week after next, great place and looking forward to getting back

Andy

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Very hard ground & they do have a Manitou in the unlikely event of getting stuck

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I am hoping to go to Lyndon Top around the middle of November and I have just just called to ask a few questions. Spoke to a young-sounding man called Richard.

This was my experience:

1. The call was answered promptly.
2. Richard was courteous and helpful.
3. I was told that it was not necessary to book.
4. You can arrive any time after 9.00 am on your first day.
5. You can stay all day, for no extra charge, on your last day.
6. I can have hard-standing if wet but, as others have said, little chance of getting bogged down.

So, just like the Caravan and Motorhome Club then :) Not :( No mention at all of white pegs!

Thanks for your feed-back everyone. I am feeling very good about this site, even before I go there.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
So, just like the Caravan and Motorhome Club then :) Not :( No mention at all of white pegs!

That’s because it isn’t a campsite and there aren’t any pitches.

It’s basically half a dozen huge rally fields.

The only instructions you will be given about pitching will be which fields to avoid because they have rallies in them and not to get too close to anyone else. If you’re travelling with someone else you can park up with them however you choose.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We called in there on our way to the Lincoln Show, lovely site
Our MOHO runs to 4 tonnes and no problem getting off (we were on grass)
Just park so you pull off on the level or even better a slight downhill
Views are brilliant, only slight negative was it was cold but that could just be my age!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back