Rally Chat Lymington Seafood Festival, Golf, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Isle Of Wight (& More!) Rally August 2018 (2 Viewers)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We had a lovely long weekend too. Thanks to Karen and Alan @Wombles and all the marshalls for all their hard work.

It was lovely to meet up with so many old friends and to make new ones too.

Thanks to Lynda and Ken @canopus for finding us a new avatar and to Paul @Popeye for taking the photo and joining us on a long walk to Hurst Castle.

Thanks to Phil @Taran_Las for making the Motorbike Museum trip so much more interesting for Cliff than if he’de gone on his own with me - so many bikes, so much to look at and discuss - I don’t think they stopped talking all the way round - apart from when they (and I) were stuffing our faces with Lemon Drizzle Cake in the cafe! Love the new van Phil - I hope you enjoy every minute in it.

One final thing. The ‘horn incident’. Contrary to the rumour of energetic rumpy pumpy activity that Colin @Armytwowheels was hell bent on spreading - we were in fact fulfilling a public service. What to do when you are in distress in the middle of the night when everyone (apart from Jen @funflair) is asleep (sorry Jen) - you deploy your horn until someone suspects an attack/imminent medical emergency/gassing and comes and knocks on your door to check all is ok.

I can safely say you passed the test @Ven and the safety tip can now be added to @Jim ’s Motorhome Handbook!

The fact that we were both fast asleep with the telly on and so didn’t hear the horn blasting (being caused by the captains chair resting on it) need never be brought up again - once again - sorry Jen (and anyone else we inadvertently woke up with our safety drill ...) !!

Once again - we had a blast! xx

That’s a fantastic aviator....(y)

The fact that we were both fast asleep with the telly on and so didn’t hear the horn blasting (being caused by the captains chair resting on it) need never be brought up again - once again - sorry Jen (and anyone else we inadvertently woke up with our safety drill ...) !!

So you’re the one.....:LOL::ROFLMAO:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Big thank from us as well to @Wombles and the Marshalling team and all the funsters that attended as well.

Martin and Jen

PS if anybody wants the recipe for beetroot and chocolate brownie cake just PM me and I will give you a copy.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Sorry I didn't see @Mousy . I was looking forward to a cach-up, didn't see @scousebird or @Tanya_and_Mick , or @Crazylegs , but met several others for the fist time @Smith and Sharpand @Jenben , @highwayman and at long last @Scout ,

Profound apologies @Popeye we hooked up with some friends from the Hymer owner group and then spent most of the weekend fine tuning our shared hobby of rapid bottle extraction. So successful have our methods become that two of us couldn’t walk our cycles home from the festival in the rain without falling over.
I hope we catch up at another rally.
John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
we were both fast asleep with the telly on and so didn’t hear the horn blasting (being caused by the captains chair resting on it) need never be brought up again - once again - sorry Jen (and anyone else we inadvertently woke up with our safety drill ...) !!

Once again - we had a blast! xx

Hiya teammates (y) :)

Are you sure that you were not victims of a gas attack? Did you check your box of ipads and rolex watches for any missing ;)

Paul

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The farmer was very pleased with us all being well behaved, friendly & organised so is happy to have us back next year (y) :) The number of bottles we got through was a bit more than he has seen before from other rallies - we did say that Funsters like to enjoy themselves! :giggle:
Just trying to find out dates & working out what we can do to make things even better next year - more sunshine would help but we can't guarantee that!

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hiya teammates (y) :)

Are you sure that you were not victims of a gas attack? Did you check your box of ipads and rolex watches for any missing ;)

Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks for joining the team. It was a pleasure to meet you(y)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
<snip>
Thanks to Phil @Taran_Las for making the Motorbike Museum trip so much more interesting for Cliff than if he’de gone on his own with me - so many bikes, so much to look at and discuss - I don’t think they stopped talking all the way round - apart from when they (and I) were stuffing our faces with Lemon Drizzle Cake in the cafe! Love the new van Phil - I hope you enjoy every minute in it.
</snip>

Thanks for taking me there. Enjoyed every minute.:cool:

If anyone is in that vicinity and likes bikes the museum is a must. As 99% is undercover it would be ideal on an inclement day.(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Still sore, I'm rubbing red wine medicine on it to make it heal faster:D2 Thanks for asking. Pleasure to meet you and Rob(y)
I think you are supposed to drink the red wine to numb the pain!!!
Great to meet you too!!
Take care and don’t carry full buckets in crocs on a wet muddy field any time soon!!:LOL:

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Well, home at last after our tour of RHS gardens on the way back from Lymington (the highlight). Thanks one more time to Karen and Allen, all the Marshalls, the quiz-masters and all the new friends made (y)

As promised, here are a few pics - if nothing else to prove that it didn't rain all the time ;)

The first is on arrivals Friday, I'm guessing we were one of the later arrivals.

lym1.JPG

This 2nd is the Red Arrows display team, heading home having missed our rally site by only a few miles - must have been dazzled by the sun!

Lym2.JPG

The next x3 are from Saturday :)

Lym3.JPG

Lym4.JPG

Lym5.JPG

Until next time then!

Paul

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
After Lymington Rally we have donated £229 to Cancer Research UK which added to the donation already made of £46 after Stratford River Festival Rally which totals £275 for this year (y) Thank you to all those that booked, came along or donated :hi5:

Attachments

• Motorhome Fun & RVOC Rally Donation 2019 Cancer Research UK.pdf
    213.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thinking back over this rally we were grateful for the help from our fellow marshals & overwhelmed by the extra help we received - sure that many of you did much more than mentioned below:
@Wildge for all the time & effort spent trying to sort the group meal.
@The Dudess for trying to sort a quiz on Friday but the elements were against us.
@Mr Chrysalis & @Chrysalis for organising & hosting the fabulous Isle Of Wight trip & for the fish & chip run.
@Scout for the extra shelter, great lighting & loan of the radios.
@petenshirley for the fun quiz, the lights & for rescuing the shelter in the rain many times!
@emmitdb for the Cornish pasty meal & top notch cake.
@Taran_Las for the yummy curry.
@Badknee & @Debs for looking after Funsters.
@martin1485 & friends for the lovely music.
@funflair for the delicious beetroot brownies.
@Anthea M for the tasty nibbles & chocs.
To everyone who offered us marshals food & drinks on arrivals day, the support that members gave each other & to all for your company.
Sure that we have missed out some of you but hope that we have at least thanked you in person.

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thinking back over this rally we were grateful for the help from our fellow marshals & overwhelmed by the extra help we received - sure that many of you did much more than mentioned below:
@The Dudess for trying to sort a quiz on Friday but the elements were against us.
@Mr Chrysalis & @Chrysalis for organising & hosting the fabulous Isle Of Wight trip & for the fish & chip run.
@petenshirley for the fun quiz, the lights & for rescuing the shelter in the rain many times!
To everyone who offered us marshals food & drinks on arrivals day, the support that members gave each other & to all for your company.
Sure that we have missed out some of you but hope that we have at least thanked you in person.
No need to thank us we didn’t do any of the hard work but enjoyed it all and the company .
Thankyou!!

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

There were beetroot brownies?, nobody told me:(;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back