Rally Chat Lymington Seafood Festival, Golf, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Isle Of Wight (& More!) Rally August 2018 (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have gin and tonics on board, have brought the Lavender Gin with me
We have two types of gin with us, both purchased from that well known stockests of quality quaffs- Aldilidl or was it Lidlaldi? Anyway, an Irish gin and one apparently made in the East end of london, just to make @mitzimad feel at home.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Recently in pub on Thames at Radcot heard someone ordering ginger gin and ginger beer, on looking in Lidl for ginger gin we found rhubarb & ginger gin liquor & couldn’t resist trying a bottle, deeelicious!

Reactions: Ven
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE if it's raining when you arrive then at the check in shelter you will have to get out & come to us - we don't mind the rain but our paper lists will disintegrate! If not raining then we will come to you outside the shelter :hi:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Massive thanks to Mary @emmitdb for our supper of Cornish pasties, peas and gravy enjoyed by everyone (y)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Massive thanks to Mary @emmitdb for our supper of Cornish pasties, peas and gravy enjoyed by everyone (y)

What he said(y)

Many thanks the pasties were wonderful, oh and so were the mushy peas, and the cake and the other sweet bites(y)(y)(y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
We have citrus gin from Aldi, rhubarb and ginger gin (Whitely and Neill), elderflower gin, Tanquerey saville gin, and Greenalls berry gin which I like but my friend doesn’t! Also half a bottle of the rhubarb and ginger liqueur gin - Not sure we have enough tonic!!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have citrus gin from Aldi, rhubarb and ginger gin (Whitely and Neill), elderflower gin, Tanquerey saville gin, and Greenalls berry gin which I like but my friend doesn’t! Also half a bottle of the rhubarb and ginger liqueur gin - Not sure we have enough tonic!!!
Went to Aldi’s yesterday no citrus gin left :(

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Anthea, you will be pleased to know that I remembered to pack the Quest shelter for you as well as the gin supply.!!! If we find an Aldi before we arrive we fancy trying the blueberry and vanilla variety of gin also !!!

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Can you please make room, we will be there later.

IMG_20180804_092720.jpg

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Morning folks,
If anyone is planning on coming in Davidgs route so avoiding Lyndhurst I can confirm it's fine, I came in that way yesterday.

Leave M27 at J2/A326 sp Fawley. Follow this road & brown & white signs for Beaulieu until the roundabout at Dibden Purlieu & take 3rd exit, B3054, still following brown & white signs.

You're now on open forest roads so take care, especially through Beaulieu village.
Turn left at the T , following the B3054/Lymington & left at Hatchett Pond. Pass Walhampton School & turn left for the IOW Ferry.

Have a safe drive everyone & see you all later:)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Morning folks,
If anyone is planning on coming in Davidgs route so avoiding Lyndhurst I can confirm it's fine, I came in that way yesterday.

Leave M27 at J2/A326 sp Fawley. Follow this road & brown & white signs for Beaulieu until the roundabout at Dibden Purlieu & take 3rd exit, B3054, still following brown & white signs.

You're now on open forest roads so take care, especially through Beaulieu village.
Turn left at the T , following the B3054/Lymington & left at Hatchett Pond. Pass Walhampton School & turn left for the IOW Ferry.

Have a safe drive everyone & see you all later:)
Would that be a better route than Lyndhurst in your opinion Debs, we are leaving Winchester about 08:30, hope you marshalls are ready as it's like a Le Mans start here in the coach park.

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Would that be a better route than Lyndhurst in your opinion Debs, we are leaving Winchester about 08:30, hope you marshalls are ready as it's like a Le Mans start here in the coach park.
:
Martin
Morning Martin

The B3054 is a forest road (40mph) so it's slightly narrow anyway and bendy in places but there were large vehicles on it yesterday, you just need to take care of mirrors & ponies.

It depends how heavy the traffic is I suppose going through Lyndhurst.

Edit:
Coming through this morning Id expect Lyndhurst to be fine (but dont shoot me if im wrong:LOL:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back