Rally Chat Lymington Rally August 2018 - Isle Of Wight Day Trip (1 Viewer)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Hi @peterc10 , as, you have pulled out of Lymington, shall I remove you also from the IOW day trip?

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Oops, sorry I had forgot all about that. I am afraid we will not be able to go on that either. Do I owe you anything for the cancellation?
No, nothing paid for yet! I was just checking before crossing you off the list

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
is there any chance of squeezing me on the coach trip please? (plus a fold up powerchair) no dog..
quite fancy going abroad for the day..:LOL:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Please @Mr Chrysalis are you in a position to confirm a departure time for this trip as a lot of people may be restricted to 'off-peak' travel on trains etc......eg. after 9.30am?
Thanks Jude

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
is there any chance of squeezing me on the coach trip please? (plus a fold up powerchair) no dog..
quite fancy going abroad for the day..:LOL:
Yes I can add you on.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Please @Mr Chrysalis are you in a position to confirm a departure time for this trip as a lot of people may be restricted to 'off-peak' travel on trains etc......eg. after 9.30am?
Thanks Jude
I’ll check the fares and see if it makes a difference. 0930 am does not sound too late to travel

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Suggest waiting until coach times confirmed & any other options explored but we do have a Fun 10% discount code for the ferry crossing now courtesy of Wightlink (y) There is still also the option of using Tesco Clubcard vouchers for those that have spare ones.
If & when ready to book don't forget to go to Wightlink via Quidco for possible 4.5% cashback & use discount code
SP18FUNCLU - it is working now & valid for bookings for car & foot passengers from 10th-20th August.
Will post this on a separate thread too as may be some not coming to Lymington Rally who may find this helpful.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Are we supposed to be booking ferry individually :confused:?
...and then meet up at the coach??

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are we supposed to be booking ferry individually :confused:?
...and then meet up at the coach??
@Mr Chrysalis & us Wombles have been exploring all the possible options so will hopefully will have best ones available soon - group rate from Wightlink isn't as good as individual rate less 10% discount for example & some will want to use Tesco Clubcard vouchers plus have been exploring some more off the wall options!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Suggest waiting until coach times confirmed & any other options explored but we do have a Fun 10% discount code for the ferry crossing now courtesy of Wightlink (y) There is still also the option of using Tesco Clubcard vouchers for those that have spare ones.
If & when ready to book don't forget to go to Wightlink via Quidco for possible 4.5% cashback & use discount code
SP18FUNCLU - it is working now & valid for bookings for car & foot passengers from 10th-20th August.
Will post this on a separate thread too as may be some not coming to Lymington Rally who may find this helpful.
UPDATE - when I searched online in November & emailed Wightlink the best discount on foot passenger fares was 10% via AA & C&CC but checking today it looks like they have now increased that to 15% so have emailed Wightlink again to ask them to increase the discount for the above Fun code.
If anyone is a Blue Badge holder then there is 25% discount for foot passengers already in place via the website http://www.wightlink.co.uk/go/discounts/offer/up-to-25-discount-for-blue-badge-holders/
For anyone thinking of taking their motorhome to the Isle Of Wight understand that both C&CC & C&MC offer up to 50% discount plus worth checking campsite, Wightlink & Red Funnel deals as often combined camping & ferry works out a better deal overall. Know some clubs get excellent rally deals outside peak season so something we may be looking at for another time :)

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Can you add me plus one dog for IOW plus coach trip many thanks, Lin

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
the blue badge option sounds good, have had mine for about 15 years now (renewed every 3 obviously in case anyone misconstrues) would rather be in a position not have one, but thats life..

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Please take us off the list for this ......Unfortunately no longer able to do a full day (n) but a big thank you for all your hard work @Mr Chrysalis. (y)

Last edited:

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Wombles

Would it now be possible to put a summary ie the day of coach trip to Isle of Wight and how this would work in conjunction with Wightlink Ferries. If we do have to book our own ferries then I think we would need to know for what day. I am sure there are others who would be interested. Thanks for all your hard work which I am sure is appreciated by all of us going on the trip. Thanks, Peter

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi again Wombles

Sorry I'm having a senior moment at least I think that's what they call it! I now see from the list the of participants the time of the trip and departure. I think the list got lost among all the other emails and I did not see it first time. Peter

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi. Really good idea about your ferry and coach booking together as one booking, so yes please put us down for that as well ( coach and ferry ) we are already booked on the coach. Peter

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles

Would it now be possible to put a summary ie the day of coach trip to Isle of Wight and how this would work in conjunction with Wightlink Ferries. If we do have to book our own ferries then I think we would need to know for what day. I am sure there are others who would be interested. Thanks for all your hard work which I am sure is appreciated by all of us going on the trip. Thanks, Peter
Hi - although the planned day is Monday 13th August for the group ferry & coach trip it's easy to pop over to the Isle Of Wight anyday as a foot passenger using Wightlink & can take bikes for free - the terminal is just a short walk from our rally field (y) @Mr Chrysalis is doing all the hard work organising the Monday coach & collating the numbers interested & sure he will update here once he has time. We hope to have a cunning plan to suit as many as possible at the best price for this trip shortly but fine for others to do their own thing or organise other group trips but would suggest another thread for this as it will all get a bit confusing!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I plan to consolidate final numbers for the Monday IOW trip this weekend. At present it looks like it will be easier for everyone to book their own foot passenger tickets, as some want to use Tesco vouchers, some get Senior discounts etc and also some want to return as soon as they get off the coach and some want to stay in Yarmouth for dinner and/or drinks. At present the coach is booked to pick us up at Yarmouth and drop us at Yarmouth but I am trying to establish if it would be better for it to collect us from Lymington and drop us back there. Right now this does not look like it will work out. Next step will be to identify where we want the coach to visit. If anyone has any special requests please let me know.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun