Rally Chat Lymington Rally August 2018 - Isle Of Wight Day Trip (1 Viewer)

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
@Mr Chrysalis 9am to 9pm sounds like a long day!! Is there an option to get off sooner?
Is that from campsite and back to campsite or actually on the IOW?
I would be happy to pay extra for my dog.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Mr Chrysalis 9am to 9pm sounds like a long day!! Is there an option to get off sooner?
Is that from campsite and back to campsite or actually on the IOW?
I would be happy to pay extra for my dog.
Think the suggested timing is to try & make the most of the trip but have suggested @Mr Chrysalis that maybe the coach could return back to Yarmouth in time for 19.10 ferry so Funsters could choose that one or 20.10 or last one at 21.50 as agree it would be a long day. For those staying on until the last ferry have suggested a group pub meal in a dog friendly pub in Yarmouth so yet another excuse for us not to cook! Understand that he will be looking into this (y) but he has a busy weekend ahead & no rush as plenty of time to go yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DLT
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I too think that is a bit excessive...
Four hours in a coach + appropriate stops would be about my limit.
Is there really that much to see, and miles to travel?
Thought I should reply as know @Mr Chrysalis is busy & offline at the moment.
I haven't been since childhood so no expert but the island is only 25 miles by 13 miles so don't think there will be very long periods travelling in the coach - more time would spent be off exploring. Not sure how well the public buses interlink from Yarmouth & they would be very busy at that time in August so our own coach gives us a guaranteed seat, loo on board (tbc) & relaxed travel to multiple lovely locations all at a reasonable price (y) Hopefully there is a lot to see as thinking of a week long rally there another time outside of the busy high summer :) It's up to @Mr Chrysalis as the organiser but the coach could maybe be back in Yarmouth for the 19.10 ferry for those who want a shorter trip. For those that are happy to take the later ferry back to Lymington there might be the option to join a group meal at local (dog friendly) pub or restaurant in Yarmouth. It's all up for discussion at the moment as still very early days.

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sorry, just caught up with this thread. Two places on the coach please (y)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Hey guys, that was just an opening bid! Consensus seems to be start a bit later and finish a bit earlier, so seems like take a ferry that gets us to Yarmouth about 9:30/10:00 and get back to Yarmouth 6:39/7:00 then arrange a pub dinner for those that want to stay and those that prefer to escape the Island can get the earlier ferry. Early days yet, We've got the coach for the day so we can do what we like!

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Please can you put me down fir the coach trip to IOW. Sorry it's late but only just noticed this separate thread.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I'd like to confirm one place for me on the coach (no dog). Don't mind what times. Many thanks. Muriel.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Please would you put me down for the I. O.W. trip .
Thank you.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Appreciate a lot of work has gone into trying to arrange this but I’m afraid a 12 hour day with my dog isn’t an option, not least for the rest of the coach party!!
Sorry to be a pain but please remove me from the list of participants.

Thanks

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Realise I am becoming your worse nightmare! Still interested in the coach trip IF the consensus is for a shorter day something around 8 hours ish is definately of interest.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
IOW.jpg
I have updated the table with the latest information. Please check I have got your details correct. I.e. Do I have your names right, do I have your people and dog numbers right, and have I got you down for the coach correctly.

Now, if I have got it right it looks like 82 people and 19 dogs will be on the ferry and 41 people and 10 dogs will be on the coach. However I think some of you think you are on the coach but have not told me, ( or I have misunderstood!). I have marked those I am not sure about "coach??"

If all of those I am not sure about are for the coach, then we will need a second coach!

I have not booked the ferry yet. When we do over 60's are a bit cheaper so that's a bit more info needed. I think the way numbers are it would be easier if I book ferry+coach for those in the coach and let others book for themselves so they get a bit more flexibility - does that seem reasonable?

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
You're doing a sterling job - it all seems very reasonable & straightforward to us :) Thank you

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great to have option to have the ferry & coach all booked for us but know some are planning on using Tesco Clubcard vouchers for the ferry crossing however they can only be used 6 months in advance so hope ferry doesn't get full that soon for foot passengers for the proposed crossing :unsure: Also AA & C&CC members can get 10% off so may prefer to book themselves. We have contacted Wightlink to ask for a Fun 10% discount code (not just for this trip but ongoing) but not heard back yet - their standard group rate works out dearer than some other rates e.g. 60 + especially if getting the extra 10% off too.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Coach for me please, 1 adult no dogs.
Thank you.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Langtoftlad x1 Over 60
Dog x1
Coach

Still think 12hrs is too long, and I might have to borrow several alarm clocks to get me up that early!

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi Just the ferry for us,hoping to take our bikes.
Pat and Dave

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Mr Chrysalis

I am down for two people for the coach, it's looking like you are having problems with the coach companies and the booking re our members canine friends. If the coach trip does not happen would you please put us down for Rover tickets as a back up. Thanks a lot and hope all is going well

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back