LV Motorhome Insurance ( Windscreen Cover ) | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

LV Motorhome Insurance ( Windscreen Cover )

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I renewed our motorhome insurance through AIB yesterday. The previous underwriters were Aviva but AIB said a better deal was available through LV which also gave NCD protection. The premium was competitive so I took it out. Checking through the policy wording today I realised the windscreen replacement was only covered for £600. Back to AIB today and they are cancelling the policy and renewing with Aviva with a refund as Aviva do not do NCD protection. Would have thought the would have known the windscreen cover was too low for a motorhome. Anyone else insured with LV

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
I renewed our motorhome insurance through AIB yesterday. The previous underwriters were Aviva but AIB said a better deal was available through LV which also gave NCD protection. The premium was competitive so I took it out. Checking through the policy wording today I realised the windscreen replacement was only covered for £600. Back to AIB today and they are cancelling the policy and renewing with Aviva with a refund as Aviva do not do NCD protection. Would have thought the would have known the windscreen cover was too low for a motorhome. Anyone else insured with LV
After reading this I cslled LV today and they said they repair any windscreen with an excess of £95 so i am baffled and worried . Another poster said there was a max of £5000 repatriation and today LV SAID they repatriate any vehicle as long as the repatriation fee is less than the vehicle value ! So I am going to write tomorrow and ask fir the answers in writing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
ramsthom
Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Re my initial post It was LV (Highway) policy I was offered where the windscreen cover was only £600.

GSD

Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring "M" 2017 E6
Exp
10 years +
I have NCD protection on my present policy which is with Comfort but underwritten by Aviva. It a funny world in the insurance game. !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I got a quote off LV a couple of years ago and they did not cover anything in the van apart from £500 for the radio/ICE. Their caravan policies covered items in the caravan. Strange lot.

Johns Cross
West Country Motorhomes
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians