Luxembourg down to Geneva via Baden Baden and Colmar (1 Viewer)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We leave tomorrow night to get into Remich and fill up with diesel before leaving the wife at Seysell/Annecy area 7 days later.
We have done Eguisheim, the cascades, the lakes of the Jura and the direct route so are heading off towards Baden Baden where there is also a good dry luge as well as the town. We are then sort of following the valley down and either going to pay for the over 3500 vignette thing for Switzerland and shoot through to Geneva or oik a left at Colmar/Mulhouse through the Juras.
We may well be going down Germany side and the Triberg waterfalls as well as crossing to Colmar are on the hit list which is probably the furthest East (waterfalls) we want to go during this part of the holiday.
I return 5 nights later then off to the Ardeche and Provence for a month.
Strasbourg has been done. We have France Passion. We like free. We dont mind paying. We will probably go to a sauna/spa. The weather isnt over promising according to Ventusky. The Moselle is out of play after Remich as not going North. We have a motorbike for day travel. Have done a number of the villages on Alsace wine route. (But this obviously does not discount going back to Eguisheim)
What are the little gems that i also need to consider between say Remich and Baden Baden, Baden Baden and Basel. Aires/Stellplatzes or visiting recommendations ?

Muchly appreciated,

dbw

Feb 16, 2014
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740plus
Exp
Since 2014
Nice free Stellplatz in Gaggenau, car park of Rotherma thermal baths, few miles NE of Baden Baden. Not far to Aldi supermarket. In Park4night app, coordinates N48 degrees 48’ 29”. E8 degrees 18’ 7” Stayed overnight about 3 weeks ago but didn’t check out baths

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Will follow this please post your trip especially the dry luge
1300 metres and 4 euros is all i know so far. I found another one near Saarbruken somewhere that was 3 euros but only 700 metres. Dam site cheaper than France where we paid 7 euros but it was a couple of kilometres. It was at Montgevre just before the Italian border. Got a ski lift ride to the top of it thrown in. Dam fine ride that one was.
Excuse the language

doesnt work, try this one

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685