Lunar Premier 592 HELP ME !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Hi all,
If you own one of these you'll know how difficult it is to get any information on tyre pressures ???
If you could help me I would be much oblidged,at the moment I have 6 bar in the rear and 5.5 bar in the front,does this seem right as I went to ATS and got them to pump up my tyres as no garage around me had a machine that would go to that high a pressure and the fitter said that he thought that that was a bit high ????

I,m about to add OKO tyre sealent to my tyres to stop an on road puncture , as to attempt to change a tyre on the narrow roads when you get a puncture in Devon is taking your life in your hands.
I have breakdown cover with the AA but having to wait for them to come and change the wheel whilst you have closed a narrow road is not practible and there is likely to be a lot of anger and frustration
caused !

Just to add to this post,I've removed the spare wheel from under the chassis and placed it in the side locker,as it took ATS over fifteen minutes to lower the wheel and remove it. Me being over seventy
stood no chance of being able to remove it myself. I'm looking to find a way of fittiing the spare wheel to the fixtures that take the cycle carrier on the back of my M/H ?? Anyone done this fix,if you have or have any other suggestion ( clean please ) let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to supply,regards Frank.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
i have a lunar 580 and there is a sticker in the door saying 5.5 bar all round. thats what i stick to, although there are lots of posts on here with lots of advice. i had new tyres fitted last year and the fitters looked a bit dubious at the pressure, and admitted to be wary when inflating them ( sh*tting themselves was the actual phrase used)

OP
OP
FrankCoffi

FrankCoffi

Free Member
Dec 2, 2015
Andover,Hants
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier H592
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for that Downewf, it's nice to know that quite a few m/h'ers have the same problem with tyre pressures ?
I will drop all my pressures down to 5.5 bar and see how she handles. Hope to catch you sometime at one of the rallies. My regards Frank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi all,
If you own one of these you'll know how difficult it is to get any information on tyre pressures ???
If you could help me I would be much oblidged,at the moment I have 6 bar in the rear and 5.5 bar in the front,does this seem right as I went to ATS and got them to pump up my tyres as no garage around me had a machine that would go to that high a pressure and the fitter said that he thought that that was a bit high ????

I,m about to add OKO tyre sealent to my tyres to stop an on road puncture , as to attempt to change a tyre on the narrow roads when you get a puncture in Devon is taking your life in your hands.
I have breakdown cover with the AA but having to wait for them to come and change the wheel whilst you have closed a narrow road is not practible and there is likely to be a lot of anger and frustration
caused !

Just to add to this post,I've removed the spare wheel from under the chassis and placed it in the side locker,as it took ATS over fifteen minutes to lower the wheel and remove it. Me being over seventy
stood no chance of being able to remove it myself. I'm looking to find a way of fittiing the spare wheel to the fixtures that take the cycle carrier on the back of my M/H ?? Anyone done this fix,if you have or have any other suggestion ( clean please ) let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to supply,regards Frank.

There are lots of threads on here offering advice re tyre pressures but you will find that the only way to achieve the correct pressure is to weigh each axle and ask the relevant manufacturer.
Continental publish a chart .. its possibly in the downloads here.
Other have contacted Michelin.

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
On my lunar 622 I wrote to Michelin and they advised max 80 psi rear and around 60 to 65 on the front.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
There are lots of threads on here offering advice re tyre pressures but you will find that the only way to achieve the correct pressure is to weigh each axle and ask the relevant manufacturer.
Continental publish a chart .. its possibly in the downloads here.
Other have contacted Michelin.
I agree with that. Load up the van for a trip away and then get each axle weighed. We use Continental Camper tyres and if you give them the size and type they will email you a chart setting out the tyre pressures you should use for different axle weights. They are much lower than that recommended by Fiat. Once we got the correct pressures the ride was so much better. At Fiat's recommended pressure our fillings were rattling.

I work on the principle that the best organisation to ask about your tyre pressure is the one that made the tyre!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
As above why rely on someone else who has a similar MH which may be loaded differently to your own. Get it weighed when full with all your kit and set the pressure accordingly to tyre manufacturers recommendations then you know its right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back