lunar motorhomes ceasing production (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We called in at Highbridge caravans today to look at a new Roadstar 786. The salesman said that if we wanted one we would have to have the one on show as he had been informed that Lunar were not producing any Motorhomes in 2009 and that their national sales manager Eric Hepplewhite has been made redundant.

It seems that the company is going to concentrate on the production of caravans. its core business.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Only time will tell if it is a smart decision.........

As a relatively small company with probably less purchasing power than the established majors they are possibly more vulnerable to downturns. I have no particular loyalty to them despite owning one of their products (just try getting spare bits or a sensible answer out of them..........) but hope they survive in one form or another, in the same way thatwe all hope the other British companies survive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
We called in at Highbridge caravans today to look at a new Roadstar 786. The salesman said that if we wanted one we would have to have the one on show as he had been informed that Lunar were not producing any Motorhomes in 2009 and that their national sales manager Eric Hepplewhite has been made redundant.

It seems that the company is going to concentrate on the production of caravans. its core business.

Hi I have a problem with a slide out and called Freedom Motor homes where the man on the other end told my fitter that they layed off everyone on xmas eve.
If you have any large amounts of cash witch you do not have to lose for TAX reasons then holed on 3 months and save thousands buying a 58 reg over a 09 same year different reg.
Trust me I know what I am talking about.
Better still cash is KING at the moment.
Regards Mark.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i asked my dealer sth yorkshire motorhomes to day about your post,
said they have lunars on order with no delivery problem .they have all models in stock
and have not heard of this .lunar do not start back till 5th jan then a answer to your post can be given.

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
[
If you have any large amounts of cash witch you do not have to lose for TAX reasons then holed on 3 months and save thousands buying a 58 reg over a 09 same year different reg.
Regards Mark.[/QUOTE]

I do not understand your post what do you mean?

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp

How will that effect owners of Lunar Motorhomes as regards parts, warranty etc, we have a Lunar Roadstar 780 bought in april 2008 which we have rejected and are trying to get our money back, whats the chance of that now!

:Sad:

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
How will that effect owners of Lunar Motorhomes as regards parts, warranty etc, we have a Lunar Roadstar 780 bought in april 2008 which we have rejected and are trying to get our money back, whats the chance of that now!

:Sad:

I would expect that your claim is against your supplier rather than the manufacturer of the motorhome.
Sandy. A Lunar owner.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
:thumb:hi there den .
still trying to get your money back .have you been to court yet .
still having problems with your crap dealer then .
its a long time since we spoke .as you can see from my last post we have no problem
with lunar or van 8 mths now and vantastic van .:thumb:

Angiebaby

Free Member
Jan 15, 2009
West coast of Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just about to start
[
Regards Mark.

I am about to pick up my brand new 58 Lunar Champ next month so i hope there won't be a problem. At least that explains the MASSIVE price reduction we got on it.
As the vehicle carries a Fiat Warranty I'm not too worried, I do like a bargain, and couldn't have bought it at the list price. Lunar are still advertising the new 09 models including my model and some new ones so I wonder if this is just a scare?
But face it whatever you buy today could be out of prod tomorrow.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Angiebaby, I don't think its a scare. You should look at the issues of after care though. Most motorhomes never have any problems at all, but some are horrendous. I hope you are one of the lucky majority:thumb:

Meanwhile welcome to the Fun, glad to have you here, suppose you are all excited and next month can't come soon enough::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
It would appear from my grapevine that Lunar are only making MH's to order and concentrating on caravans.

If so, spares should still be available.

Only a grapevine, not necessarily a fact please.

Peter

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
:thumb:hi there den .
still trying to get your money back .have you been to court yet .
still having problems with your crap dealer then .
its a long time since we spoke .as you can see from my last post we have no problem
with lunar or van 8 mths now and vantastic van .:thumb:

yep still strying have now come to end of writing back and forth to dealer and paperwork is once again with counsel, awaiting to hear the what the next move will be, keep in touch will let you know hat happens next

regards

den

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back