Lunar Driving and passener seats (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Has anyone tried to fit none standard, eg. Ford galaxy, captains seats in a lunar newstar?

I think I could do with the arm wrests as nowadays my arms start to hurt after a long time driving and being able to rest them on something would seriously help.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if the seats sliding runners line up with the seat box frame then any seats could be fitted by redrilling the mounting holes.

my opinion only :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As PJ says .. but a step further.......

After spending many many years as a hobbyist custom vehicle builder, I long ago came to the conclusion that given a bit of effort, a hacksaw, a stick and mig welder, anything can be made to fit anything !! ( 2 x V6 transits and a V8 100E van were interesting ones :winky: )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
do remember if the new seats have swivel bases, the resulting seat will be higher. Check it out first.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As PJ says .. but a step further.......

After spending many many years as a hobbyist custom vehicle builder, I long ago came to the conclusion that given a bit of effort, a hacksaw, a stick and mig welder, anything can be made to fit anything !! ( 2 x V6 transits and a V8 100E van were interesting ones :winky: )

or even a Vauxhall Cresta 'straight 6' shoehorned into a bedford CF van with a ZF 5 speed box.

worked fine and fast until the shortened prop shaft snapped :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back