Lunar Caravans in Administration (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thats why they were called "leaky Lunar" to be fair they built some nice vans way back.

Martin
May look nice on the outside but having seen the construction after taking out ½ the inside walls on one that had more water in it than my garden pond. :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

NickandClair

Free Member
Apr 30, 2018
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
The Dark Side!!!!
Exp
Since 2001
May look nice on the outside but having seen the construction after taking out ½ the inside walls on one that had more water in it than my garden pond. :eek:
Oh god, don't say that :oops:. Had to go to the dark side, as having a disabled mother means taking her away is easier with the car & Van, but I've just bloody bought a Lunar :cry: . Best get resealing everything I guess...……..

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Just wondering if it's a bankruptcy of convenience. Caravans aren't there thing now but motorhomes are. Maybe clearing the debt to concentrate on conversions.
Time will tell.

Deleted User
Reputations are very difficult to restore?

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We had 2 Lunar caravans, neither of them leaked and out of the 6 caravans we owned they were the only ones that looked like they were designed by somebody who actually used a caravan.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I wonder who will be next?

I would say that we've got a few British motorhome converters in the potential running.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Well the Lunar now is not the original Lunar (we rang them when we got our 2007 Lunar Motorhome to be told they had only bought the name nothing else !!!!)

BUT now the bean counters run the Caravan / motorhome companies more WILL fail simply for the accountants to asset strip not caring about the workers or customers

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A lot of Lunar Motorhomes were rebranded Homecar a Belgium company that went bust, I think they may have been resurrected. As caravans go we have had a Bailey a Lunar and a Hobby. The Hobby was far the best even though it was very cheap, I bought mine from Germany.
Although the Lunar wasn't a bad design the construction was diabolical. Take a joint/awning rail off, the roof didn't even meet the side let alone overlap and it looked like it had been cut with a pair of tin snips

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
A lot of Lunar Motorhomes were rebranded Homecar a Belgium company that went bust, I think they may have been resurrected.

The information we had was that our 2007 Roadstar was a Belgian build when we rang the newly defunct Lunar and they had not got any plans or diagrams we needed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back