Lubricant For Cupboard Catches? (1 Viewer)

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Hello

Can anyone please recommend a spray lubricant for my overhead cupboard catches? They seem to be made of a hard plastic.

Thanks

KH

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Hello

Can anyone please recommend a spray lubricant for my overhead cupboard catches? They seem to be made of a hard plastic.

Thanks

KH
I've always used WD40 on ours, seems to do the trick, but hold a tissue underneath to catch the surplus.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I have a can of the thetford seal lubricant spray, which as well as squirting on the loo seals if it's not going to be used for a while is useful for all manner of things - including plastic catches.

So far it has freed up my sticking roof light, sticking tambour shower door and various door catches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have a small tin of Vaseline which we apply intermittently to the 'door open' catch and the rubber seal on the door where it 'snags' a little on the Milenco lock. The residue I rub on the locker catches and it seem to do the trick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Update...

I used a squirt of WD40 and made sure that it could not drip onto the soft furnishings and it has cured my sticking catches. I'll look out for some silicone polish now.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

KH

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Another vote for silicone spray (rather than polish). Wonderful stuff if you need a "clean" lubricant, doesn't attract muck like using Vaseline can. Great on sliding surfaces like cab window seals. Also good on door seals to stop the doors freezing shut in winter.

I use Wynns, a tin last for absolutely ages, other (cheaper) brands are available!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wynns-Sil...498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5673d5fa22

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back