drs

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Ware, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi I'm planning a three month tour of southeastern europe Romania, Bulgaria and Greece.
My problem is the availabilty of gas. I have been thinking of having a Gaslow system fitted but find the cost is putting me off.
My first question is has anybody had experience of using a Gaslow system and are they worth the money.
Two, if I were to take Calor gas cylinders with me is there any way that I can get them refilled abroad.
Is Camping Gaz available in these countries and would I be better of paying the extra cost and useing these during my trip.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Gaslow

Hi

I use the Gaslow system and like the concept very much. I have not visited the countries you have mentioned so cannot advise re availability of the LPG product.

I have 2 x 11kg cylinders and these are used principally to provide power to the cooker. The heating is gas and electric and so I use electric where possible.

One 11kg cylinder lasts about 6 weeks. I use the oven pretty much daily and the heating on gas "now and again".

The cost of setting up the system can be a bit restrictive, but for me the convenience of simply topping up is good. I topped up again at the supermarket at paid about 52p per litre - about £11 to fill a cylinder. I do not know how Calor compares.

On the downside, I have had a total of three Gaslow leaks in two years, ranging from minor to dangerous.

When I change vans, I shall opt for a fixed tank - higher capacity etc and not much more expensive.

Russell

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
I use a refillable system fitted by M.T.H , cheaper than Gaslow and no problems so far ::bigsmile: . This is the third van the system has been fitted to , you only have to buy it once and take it with you on your next van

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi I'm planning a three month tour of southeastern europe Romania, Bulgaria and Greece.
My problem is the availabilty of gas. I have been thinking of having a Gaslow system fitted but find the cost is putting me off.
My first question is has anybody had experience of using a Gaslow system and are they worth the money.
Two, if I were to take Calor gas cylinders with me is there any way that I can get them refilled abroad.
Is Camping Gaz available in these countries and would I be better of paying the extra cost and useing these during my trip.

Q1.
Depends on how much gas you use, with LPG at around 40p it's about half the cost of bottled.

Q2. No

Q3. Available, Yes, but expensive, it's back to Q1

If you don't want to lay out on a refillable system the best option is to use the Calor bottles until they run out then replace with local bottles and a suitable regulator. (if required)
Also consider that LPG is not always available so it's best to leave your options open ..

Ideally a refillable system with a BBQ take off point that can be used to connect a local bottle if required.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back