Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It's going into Devon gas in Exeter on the 7th Jan for a sequential system and 300 litre plus capacity of tanks with 3 fillers.

I might never see the money back but hopefully not feel so bad about attending rallies and having to put vast amounts of petrol in.

Burlstar

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
Just out of curiosity how much did the conversion cost as i am thinking of doing it to mine, which has a 6.9 ford lump?

Cheers

Burl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
If you don't mind people knowing I would like to know. I looked into a while ago and was told needed two kits as over a V8 ( V10 triton )and it was going to be around three and a half thousand.

Regards

Lampie

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I had the very latest Romano sequential system fitted with 2 X 100 litres tanks and 1 X 80 litre tank with 2 filler for a touch under 3 grand and extremely pleased with the job.

The bus seems to love running on LPG as well.

Link Removed

BTW:- mine is the Ford V8 7500 cc but same sort of cash for all the other large lumps

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
From my experience with our V8 Disco on gas, you need to forget mpg and look at the COST per mile, it can be quite an eye opener!!!!:thumb:
Nigel

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi with my disco, it gets about 15/16 mpg petrol but on gas say 13/15 but that equates to around 32 mpg- cheap as chips-then again it will need to be as all my mates have knackered engines running on gas,after about 70,/80,000 mls--they are all wanting diesil engines now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry
BTW it runs as smooth as silk on gas

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi Road runner
Has the conversion improved the MPG at all? l

:RollEyes: I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective? An LPG converions will ALWAYS give less miles per gallon than running on Petrol. However. Taking into consideration the difference in price between LPG and Petrol (at the moment)? Then miles per pound will be MUCH greater. :winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi with my disco, it gets about 15/16 mpg petrol but on gas say 13/15 but that equates to around 32 mpg- cheap as chips-then again it will need to be as all my mates have knackered engines running on gas,after about 70,/80,000 mls--they are all wanting diesil engines now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry
BTW it runs as smooth as silk on gas

Bet they're not running valve lube.:Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Steve,should I be ?cannot see anywhere to put it ? but then again it has not moved a wheel for two months :ROFLMAO: looking for a ECU (bosch) if you know where one can be found cheaply - been qouted above £800:Doh:(v reg,v8 disco) I will carry on getting 22 mpg from Shogun 3ltr td untill one turns up.Then again my son does not use this off road as it is **** so I get to use the D i put in it instead of him borrowing it and returning it empty so I probably only got about 5 mpg for what i put in:ROFLMAO: instead of the 32::bigsmile::thumb:
terry

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I have the 5.7 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it does around 16 mpg on petrol (my heavy right foot:RollEyes:) and 14 mpg on LPG with power difference none.

Very please with it except I can only get 70 litres or15 galls in (tank not big enough for my needs:Doh:)

The RV is still running in to LPG so set very rich for the first 1000 miles.

Runs beautifully as seem happy on LPG.

I have 280 litres of tanks on the RV:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back