LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Makes a big bang if treated incorrectly, a cheap way to heat your van and cool your beer....😀😀👍🤔🇪🇦

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
As stated above you can use it for lots of reasons my dads Bentley uses it.

OP
OP
Wendo55
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry folks. Don't know what happened here as I was supposed to be just adding a successful fill-up to the Local Guide section, as requested by Jim in another thread.
Didn't realise until now that I'd started a separate thread!🙄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wendo55
Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Just checked and my original post is definitely in the Local Guide section so I don't know why it's showing under "Reviews" here.🤷‍♀️

Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Hi we are having a underslung LPG tank fitted by propex in a couple of weeks time.
I saw in a forum and I cant remember for the life of me which one a discussion about LPG being phased out.

Someone said that if the worst comes to the worst you could still using the underslung for storage by just connecting a Propane Callor Gas canister to the filler and filling the unserslung tank that way.

I asked propex technical about it and he said he did not see why not so long as you had the connector.

Has anyone tried this and what adaptor did you need to do it?

I will be putting this post on a couple of other forums as I cant remember where I saw the original post so apologies if you see it cropping up again

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi we are having a underslung LPG tank fitted by propex in a couple of weeks time.
I saw in a forum and I cant remember for the life of me which one a discussion about LPG being phased out.

Someone said that if the worst comes to the worst you could still using the underslung for storage by just connecting a Propane Callor Gas canister to the filler and filling the unserslung tank that way.

I asked propex technical about it and he said he did not see why not so long as you had the connector.

Has anyone tried this and what adaptor did you need to do it?
Richard n Ann ?

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I don’t think you would be able to empty the cylinder once the pressure in the tank has increased to match it.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yeah when was that thread 🤔? Anyway whenever it was I bought the Gaslow hose and we travelled to Benidorm but found the 21.8LH thread was useless for a Spanish gas bottle.. You need a "Jumbo" Spanish bottle connector (not regulator) to 21.8LH thread 🙄.

So fast forward to this year, just before we came away in September I ordered a jumbo connector on ebay with a 21.8LH thread output, and the twit sent me this 🙄

Screenshot_20211026-223446_Gallery.jpg

So I'm sorry not to be able to either update the original thread... Or blow myself up 😆 next spring I will though I promise, as long as Ann's health holds up, we'll be in Benidorm 😍

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Spent three weeks in France…..cooking, hot water and heating….didn’t use a full one of our 11kgs Gaslow cylinders. :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back