LPG. (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You lucky Bugger!, I dont have any "supermarkets" down my way selling gas, only garages, mainly Shell, so they will be on the way out also.
Even if it was a £1 a litre I would have to pay that, as its still a lot cheaper than Calor Refillable s which, as we all know are a rip off.
Apart from us, its only fork lifts that seem to need LPG these days, I was wondering it the large chilled Trailer HGV's used it for their compressors,hence why LPG is sometimes available on motorways, as that would be better for the planet, but they must be using diesel?, someone will know.
Ah well, happy days eh?
LES
We just fill up wherever we go, rather than close to home.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Looks like many of the Shell and other garages are supplied through Flogas who confusingly also refer to Autogas. Flogas don't make references on their site to withdrawing. For TinaL there seem to be listings of Flogas Shell at Fleet and Addlestone: https://www.flogas.co.uk/stockists
Thanks Kannon Fodda < I know you live close to us, so must encounter the same problem with LPG local availability. I have been using the Shell Garage at Ottershaw (Addlestone) also the one just off the M3 heading towards Fleet. The Ottershaw one is on the autogas hatchet list for May, they havent mentioned the Fleet one on the list yet. The Fleet one was closwd and totally refurbed last year with new forecourt and pumps, also a new LPG pump.
That what we have done in the past peterc10 , but it was a case of spot one and get in there!
This may become harder to do in the future if more garages rip out their LPG pumps, so we may have to resort to a bit more fore planing which would go against the grain for us.
Best wishes Guys.
LES

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Ottershaw now appears shut down. Don't confuse that with Addlestone itself, on the other side of the M25 where there is also a Shell station. It's the one I use being direct to / from my route to the motorway and it was largely rebuilt a couple of years ago so hopefully wouldn't sucumb to the obsolete excuse of Autogas Ltd. Problem is needing to top up with LPG for onboard use, 3-4 times a year and I think I've struggled to pay £10 isn't going to keep a pump in business.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Kannon Fodda < I know you live close to us, so must encounter the same problem with LPG local availability. I have been using the Shell Garage at Ottershaw (Addlestone) also the one just off the M3 heading towards Fleet. The Ottershaw one is on the autogas hatchet list for May, they havent mentioned the Fleet one on the list yet. The Fleet one was closwd and totally refurbed last year with new forecourt and pumps, also a new LPG pump.
That what we have done in the past peterc10 , but it was a case of spot one and get in there!
This may become harder to do in the future if more garages rip out their LPG pumps, so we may have to resort to a bit more fore planing which would go against the grain for us.
Best wishes Guys.
LES
Use one of the apps on your smartphone and you can see one close to the route you are taking on the day. We use FillLPG for UK and myLPG.eu for Europe.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Use one of the apps on your smartphone and you can see one close to the route you are taking on the day. We use FillLPG for UK and myLPG.eu for Europe.
Thanks we have been using one which we have found myLPG.eu to be very inaccurate for The UK,(lack of updates, also duff gen on garages that provided it) so we will try FillLPG from now on. It doesn't work on my laptop as I believe it must be a mobile app only, so will give a go that way.

But sadly I think current LPG suppliers will be dropping out soon, due to lack of demand, especially as more petrol Hybrids & Electric vehicles become mainstream with even better GOV incentives to buy them.
Plus more charging points in convenient locations to make them even more usable for long journeys etc.
Thanks for the advice though,(y) shame as we have only had the van with the Gaslow system (£600) for 2.5 years, lets hope it remains viable across the EU longer that it does here.🤞
LES

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks we have been using one which we have found myLPG.eu to be very inaccurate for The UK,(lack of updates, also duff gen on garages that provided it) so we will try FillLPG from now on. It doesn't work on my laptop as I believe it must be a mobile app only, so will give a go that way.
Les, that is why we do not use myLPG in the UK. FillLPG is an Android app, but it also a website. So you can use it with the PC.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks again peterc10 , I have reduced the view now, so I can now see The FILLLPG on the laptop screen (y)
Unfortunately another sad picture showing of how The Shell Garages are falling off the map.
Its definitely favouring the Northern locations.
LES

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Why not just try your local independent lpg supplier there seems to be a requirement by some on here to only try supermarkets or shell we have plenty of independents in my area who supply pumped lpg and bottled gas .

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Why not just try your local independent lpg supplier there seems to be a requirement by some to only use supermarkets or Shell plenty of choice in northwest for independents

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thanks again peterc10 , I have reduced the view now, so I can now see The FILLLPG on the laptop screen (y)
Unfortunately another sad picture showing of how The Shell Garages are falling off the map.
Its definitely favouring the Northern locations.
LES
That's because it all comes out the sea up here 😉

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Why not just try your local independent lpg supplier there seems to be a requirement by some to only use supermarkets or Shell plenty of choice in northwest for independents
I can't see anywhere that shows they have facility to fill vehicles. Most sites either do prefilled bottled, or depots are intended as distributors of bottles, or tankers going to sites, and don't want visitors especially someone only wanting a few quid worth, even if they had a pump. The local stations to me are listed on filllpg.co.uk and mylpg.eu and Would these independents be be listed on a site I know nothing about?

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
I find this very confusing and cannot find the Morrisons comment that has formed my opinion, so I have written to them asking for a definitive reply and they expect to reply within 7 working days.
Watch this space!
Just had a response from Morrisons and they said and I quote:

Thank you for contacting us.
I can confirm you will be able to go to our petrol filling stations and purchase LPG Gas for your Motohome.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

My question was, can I fill factory fitted underslung LPG tanks on my motorhome at Morrisons garage forecourts and I asked for a definitive answer.
Now I accept that his answer is not strictly definitive but its the best I shall get without writing a formal letter to senior management.
I shall go and try it once I know I can go away and stay in the M/H.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
My local shell no longer sells lpg. The only local one BP consistently has one pump out. Sunday was the first time ive had to queue. Was behind a M? BMW flash looking thing, owner was European and talked about diesel problems in Germany.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Paid £15 today at BP.

Expensive at 65p litre.

Still much cheaper than a 13KG Calor.....

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We fill up at the BP garage in Selby near home or BP Thanet Way in Kent by the turning to Yorkletts near our overnight stop before the tunnel. The Thanet way one has the slowest pump we have ever used. We don’t have a Morrison’s fuel station nearby.

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Just had a response from Morrisons and they said and I quote:

Thank you for contacting us.
I can confirm you will be able to go to our petrol filling stations and purchase LPG Gas for your Motohome.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

My question was, can I fill factory fitted underslung LPG tanks on my motorhome at Morrisons garage forecourts and I asked for a definitive answer.
Now I accept that his answer is not strictly definitive but its the best I shall get without writing a formal letter to senior management.
I shall go and try it once I know I can go away and stay in the M/H.

Have been today and filled up my GASIT under slung tanks with LPG, absolutely no problem at all apart from leaving filler cap on top of the pump and having to go back and get it later :oops2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back