LPG

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by dpsuk999, Jan 8, 2019.

1. nicholsong

nicholsong Funster

Ratings:
    +3,258
    If you find a supplier how are you going to transport the bottle back to the campsite?

2. Happy1

Happy1 Funster

Ratings:
    +77
    Don’t forget a filter, screws onto filler then hose screws onto filter, messed my gaslow up with a calor propane bottle, gummed up the non return valve on the filler and the bottle

• Like it Like it x 2
  3. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Funster

Ratings:
    +618
    I have a car (y)

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Ratings:
    +31,725
    No it will not work through the normal filler point.
    If it did partially work it certainly would not be able to keep up with fridge, hob, heater,water heater , if any were used together..

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Happy1

Happy1 Funster

Ratings:
    +77
    Just gas under bottle pressure entering the empty bottle and out via the van regulator, may take a few mins to “fill” the empty bottle and then away you go.

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Funster

Ratings:
    +618
    Can you get a filter from a Repsol garage for instance?

Cheers

7. mfw

mfw Funster

Ratings:
    +787
    Always connect exterior bottle to bbq point if you have one still be hassle if you have/want gas bbq unless you have something other than gas bbq or dedicated bottle for bbq

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  8. The Dudess

The Dudess Funster

Ratings:
    +5,694
    I completely understand the problem. When you are in one place for a while and are nicely set up on site completely level with all your accessories out, probably a full awning securely pegged and weighted down, last thing you want to do it dismantle everything to go and get filled up. This is why we have 1 x refillable and 1 x swappable Cepsa gas bottle. We bought the Cepsa bottle 2nd hand - there are always some available on ebay (upon relection we should have bought a Repsol as there appears to be more Repsol stations than Cepsa). There are many sites which either sell gas bottles or have a truck coming round to deliver them. The OP even has a car so swapping his gas bottle is even less of a problem.

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Ratings:
    +31,725
    Yes but he wants to put in in through the filler.

10. mfw

mfw Funster

Ratings:
    +787
    Sorry said slightly wrong i meant you could always connect exterior gas supply via exterior bbq point seems easy option to me - a lot less hassle quick connect fittings under £7 + regulator but he will have to buy 1 anyway for safety

11. Happy1

Happy1 Funster

Ratings:
    +77
    Connecting via bbq is the low pressure side of system, connecting a bottle direct here will result in a loud bang!!
    Even with a regulator on bottle why would you not use the filler and the van regulator with the local connection hose that’s designed for the job?

not sure, mine unhelpfully came from the gasit website they may deliver to you!

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  12. mfw

mfw Funster

Ratings:
    +787
    Everyone to their own but bottle connected to regulator then to bbq outside point seems the safest way to do it and just isolate your regulator - your way relies on hose connected to bottle then to fill point if it fails you will lose a lot of gas very quickly either way could fail but it is individual choice in the end

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Happy1

Happy1 Funster

Ratings:
    +77
    Agree each to their own but same difference, bottle to hose to filler or bottle to hose to bbq point? Which bits do you see failing?

• Love it Love it x 1
  14. mfw

mfw Funster

Ratings:
    +787
    None but not sure what adaptors you would need your way for different types of bottle connections - my way all it costs is a regulator wherever you go and it would be easily available in country you are in

15. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

Ratings:
    +465
    Still sounds a massive pfaff just to avoid one drive to a local petrol garage...

• Like it Like it x 1
  16. Basildog

Basildog Funster

Ratings:
    +1,214
    Then there is the little point that the bbq point manufacturers all state that they are not suitable for back feeding a supply into your gas system so good luck with your insurance !
    Or you use the equipment sold and recommended by Gaslow or Gasit (y)
    https://www.gaslowdirect.com/Gaslow-Reserve-Cylinder-Connection-Hose

• Like it Like it x 2
  17. mfw

mfw Funster

Ratings:
    +787
    Ok you have made a statement can you attatch the manafacturers statement that says you cant use the BBQ point - some regulators abroad run different pressure so you have to watch that - never used foreign bottle but they all seem to have different connectors - so your statement that the hose fits all eu bottles are you certain it does and no-one is going to get caught out - it states 21.8 fitting so will it work on all eu cylinders

18. AMK

AMK Funster

Ratings:
    +184
    When I had my refillable bottles fitted, I was told it was ok to use the BBQ point.

This was a very well known installer near Thirsk.

19. Basildog

Basildog Funster

Ratings:
    +1,214
  20. mfw

mfw Funster

Ratings:
    +787
    You make statements on gas safety and you have said on here that you use an adaptor to fill exchange bottles ie calor or similar which is a safety issue - you preach one thing when it suits you - not saying it cant be done if you know cylinder capacity and how much you can safely put in but for anyone to just do it is asking for trouble

• Like it Like it x 1