LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi my engine will not tick over on lpg but is fine on petrol. lpg will run fine on motorways ect ,i just can't let the revs get low or she will stall ie slip roads ect .my gas man let me down as he was supposed to call this morning and not for the first time. so i am asking for advice please:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
There should be a slow running mixture screw on the vapouriser Dave.

You don't say but I'm assuming you are running a normal carb/mixer setup?

If it's multipoint injection, then I'm sure there's someone here that can advise.

As It ticks over on Petrol ok I assume it's only an lpg/mixture setting.

Steve.

Last edited:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Dave
I had a simmilar problem with my Winnebago Ford V8 , it wouldn't tick over and kept on cutting out on bends and islands , it ran fine on petrol .
Turned out it needed a new idle control valve nothing to do with the LPG convertion diagnosed and repaired by Duncan ( Starspangledspanner)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Dave.

My carb is some 30 years old....so...I bit the bullet and have just installed a brand new one....

It was showing some signs of wear and I figured that if it helped the lpg conversion setup and running, and the fuel consumption it had to be a good investment.

BTW If you ever need and bits...especially exhaust pipes making to your specs and drawings...I can highly recommend Cliff @ Carolina Classics....

Link Removed

I sent him the drawing and he got it back within 3 days....BOUGHT THE SILENCER/MUFFLER AND GOT THE TAIL PIPE MADE UP TOO.

Now I am very impressed with that as everything has to be made to measure.Fits perfectly.:thumb:

VERY reasonable price too.You'll be surprised.

Hope you sort it.

Might well be worth talking to Duncan as Tony has mentioned as it is injected.

Steve.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi steve , on reading your last post i dont think it would make any difference to running on lpg as you only use the throttle butterfly on a carb .should make the petrol running better , but do you use much petrol or stick with gas. cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back