Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
Hi

I'm trying to find out if it is a statutory requirement to have an LPG warning label on a campervan carrying gas. If so, are there rules on where it should be placed?

Thanks,

Gary

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Im not sure if its law, but the guy that services my outfit puts them on the gas locker of all the vans/motorhomes he does. At the end of the day should the outfit be involved in an accident it lets the rescue services know where the bottles are and they can take appropriate action to safeguard against further incidents should the need arise

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I have never seen any legal requirement on this - some vehicle seem to have them on but others don't. You can easily pick these up at most accessory shops - our 5'er did not have them on but I put them on within a few days of getting it - in case of an accident saves them ripping all the lockers open.

I know for commercial use it is a legal requirement to have hazard markings on if carrying bottle gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
Different I know, but my Disco V8 is LPG converted and, like every other car I've ever seen running on LPG, it has no warning lables.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi

I'm trying to find out if it is a statutory requirement to have an LPG warning label on a campervan carrying gas. If so, are there rules on where it should be placed?

Thanks,

Gary
As far as I know, an LPG sticker should be applied to, (or immediately adjacent to) the gas cylinder storage locker. Although we have a bulk gas tank, the old gas cylinder locker still houses the 30Mbar regulator and BBQ point isolation valve, so a sticker is on that locker door.
We have also applied an LPG sticker adjacent to the bulk tank isolation valve access point.

For me, it is just best practise.

Mark at CLS got them for me.

Cheers,

Jock.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
there is no regulation saying that such a sticker is required

in any case wouldn't it be more logical to have stickers saying ...this vehicle contains petrol , as petrol vapour is much more explosive than lpg ?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Trouble is with this sort of thing if people keep fitting them next thing you know it will be compulsory. as its campers we are talking about dont just about all carry gas.
next thing will be stickers saying this vehicle carries people. ha ha

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
648.jpg

East Coast Leisure : View Product

£1.60

Jim

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
there is no regulation saying that such a sticker is required

in any case wouldn't it be more logical to have stickers saying ...this vehicle contains petrol , as petrol vapour is much more explosive than lpg ?
I knew it would take me a while, however, I knew that there would be some reference to the original posters question.....
2. LPG HEATING SYSTEMS FOR STATIONARY USE ONLY
2.1. The LPG-combustion heater and its supply system of an LPG heating system that is
intended to be used only when the vehicle is not in motion, shall comply with the
following requirements:
2.1.1. Permanent labels shall be attached on the compartment where the portable LPG
cylinders are stored and in close proximity to the control device for the heating
system, giving instructions that the LPG heater shall not be in operation and that the
valve of the portable LPG cylinder shall be closed when the vehicle is in motion.
2.1.2. The LPG combustion heater shall comply with the requirements of section 1.1.1.

For further details, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2004:153:0100:0109:EN:pDF

Regards,

Jock.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jock
this only refers to portable LPG cylinders so any fixed tanks eg on RVs are not included

Larry

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jock
this only refers to portable LPG cylinders so any fixed tanks eg on RVs are not included

Larry
Hi Larry,

I am in the same boat as yourself,ie, bulk tank, however, I was trying to help Gary, (Molls-Phot) whom I am assuming is carrying cylinders.

Cheers,

Jock.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have just checked my gas locker, large LPG label inside locker door :Doh: Following other posts think I will put a label on the outside of locker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back