TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
mylpg is not fully comprehensive, there are at least 2 places near me that don't appear on the app, neither of which are garages. One is a Calor depot and the other, strangely, a builders merchant. Not sure how you would find them though unless through local knowledge.

I have heard though that Calor depots are VERY resistant to refilling motorhomes (I wonder why?) but normal LPG-powered vehicles are okay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Elsmere port stanlow has bean shut down for weeks the shut down was extended till today 19th don't know if its finished yet or bean extended agene but it was a big supplier of gas for the west side of the country'
why they chose to have there four year shut down in the coldest months of the year I don't know.
owing to not shaking off the illness I had I had to finish up early so I am not in the loop with when it will be up and running agene
bill

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
If you are near Cirencester then John Stayte Services have lpg.

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
@movan , you are very elusive , no one seems to know where you are in the country, but if you are anywhere near kidsgrove in the potteries, I would be very surprised if this guy hadn't got any(y)
http://davidsmithson.co.uk/

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Sorry if this already been .on .. butmy battery going

Just driven round loads and phoned every LPG supplier that I can get the number of within 60 miles ... none of them have any LPG ..

Several said they don't expect a supply till around April ...

If you are on lpg and no hookup ..may be worth checking near you in case you are lucky and before it spreads.

Cheers.
Joy,
Recently called at Shell on Liverpool Road at Huyton for fuel in the car. I asked about LPG that they do sell (I tend to use this one now anyway for our gas) and they said they have not been out of gas yet. Apparently when the temperature falls below a certain level they can’t sell it - other posters please don’t blame the messenger with technicals about that being rubbish - and they do have it in stock at 59.9pence.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Morrisons Baxters Lane, St.Helens We filled ours up there on Thursday I think it was 57.9p per litre .

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
joy try and find a calor gas depot they often have a pump and should be the last to run out we found one in norfolk/suffolk last week
Where abouts ?
My local has not had any LPG since January !!

pixer

Free Member
Jun 11, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Semi integrated
Exp
Since 1982
Sorry if this already been .on .. butmy battery going

Just driven round loads and phoned every LPG supplier that I can get the number of within 60 miles ... none of them have any LPG ..

Several said they don't expect a supply till around April ...

If you are on lpg and no hookup ..may be worth checking near you in case you are lucky and before it spreads.

Cheers.

For information for those who don't already know. Here are links to Safefill refill sites for lpg and info re safefill light weight refillable bottles. Some of the sites are out of date. They will usually refill any tank, not only safefill, with a standard UK filler.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=50.02288047954086,-2.1650941562500066&z=7
http://www.safefill.co.uk/pdf/petrol-heads-up-2017.pdf

I use this one Caravan services Beaver Lodge Bell Lane Birdham Chichester PO20 7HY tel 01243 514499 . I also think this is a propane fill and not a propane/butane mix

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Have you bought any gas there Mitzi?

I popped in when passing in my car to make inquires some time ago, and was told I wouldn't be allowed to fill my refillable tanks..
Anyone used this place?, @mitzimad

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
One of the reasons for the shortage was probably the homes that are not on the gas grid that use LPG instead. As soon as the cold and snow turns up, there is panic buying 'in case we run out'.

It was the same for heating oil. The price went from 40-odd pence per litre to 60-odd pence as soon as the snow turned up and many people who genuinely needed a refill could not get deliveries due to people 'topping up just in case'.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
If you’re going to use a local cylinder connection get a filter from gas it
Plugged my brand new hose in and dirt in bottle promptly stuck both non return valves open - gas low r67 cylinders

Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
I'm in Bristol touring around, visiting family etc and can't find anyone with PLG.
Flowgas have said there's a shortage and LPG won't be on the pumps for a "few weeks" I've had to defrost my fridge and store frozen stuff with the family. .........does anyone know where I can get LPG in this part of the country as I'm stuck now.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm in Bristol touring around, visiting family etc and can't find anyone with PLG.
Flowgas have said there's a shortage and LPG won't be on the pumps for a "few weeks" I've had to defrost my fridge and store frozen stuff with the family. .........does anyone know where I can get LPG in this part of the country as I'm stuck now.
Finlandia in Glastonbury

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Andy’s Gas at Cribbs Causeway shows on fillpg as having gas but worth checking before driving over.

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
http://www.lpgmap.co.uk/map.php

Jul 7, 2016
Powys, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer b584
Exp
Im a newgie
Already spoke to cribbs causeway he said I would not get any in Bristol. Said Swansea bay might be a possibility, but was not sure about that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back