LPG tanks capacity and location? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well the guy I am considering let do my conversion is trying to pinch my locker space.

I wont 300 litres minimum.

Now I don't use the space under my bed for anything so cant see why he cant put the tanks there.

What tank capacity have you got and where are they located.

Geoff

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Evesham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on & off for 20 yrs
Hi John.

No problem mounting tanks inside but you must ensure that the valve assembly is sealed and vented verticaly down to the outside.

When I had mine on gas (diesel now) I had the tanks mounted under the floor but that was on a C class.

Personally I would prefer them external but there really is no problem with internal fitting.

300Ltrs of gas weighs about 150Kg plus weight of tank(s) so as central as you can and between the axles if possible is best.

Regards Geoff.

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

I think I would agree that i would certainly prefer them fitted external, i'm not sure if there are any regulations to say they shouldn't be fitted internally but i would be concerned and at the very least you would need to make sure you have sufficient ventilation which may make the underside of the bed very cold ??

Hi John.

No problem mounting tanks inside but you must ensure that the valve assembly is sealed and vented verticaly down to the outside.

When I had mine on gas (diesel now) I had the tanks mounted under the floor but that was on a C class.

Personally I would prefer them external but there really is no problem with internal fitting.

300Ltrs of gas weighs about 150Kg plus weight of tank(s) so as central as you can and between the axles if possible is best.

Regards Geoff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi John 2x200litre tanks mounted in between the rear frame rails, looking for extra storage, maybe cill tanks up near the auto-box on the frame rails.

I believe all internal tanks must in an airtight box externally ventilated.

Olley

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi john..i have 2x90 ltr tanks witch give me 150 ltrs @38p this can get me from w/mids to France and no probs getting it from there,i don't see i need bigger tanks unless i do spain at sometime.mine are between chassis at the rear
dave:Smile:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
hi john..i have 2x90 ltr tanks witch give me 150 ltrs @38p this can get me from w/mids to France and no probs getting it from there,i don't see i need bigger tanks unless i do spain at sometime.mine are between chassis at the rear
dave:Smile:

Dave who is still selling LPG at 38p?

Cheapest I can get it now is 47p

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
To get anywhere near that price John you have to use a gas filling station ie BoC as an example there are many others, you then pay 5% vat not 17.5% as its sold as heating and not road fuel:thumb:
Geo

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Hi John

Have you thought about removing the built-in genny & putting 2 x 150 litre tanks in that locker?

This is what I think I would do if it was me. There is handy structure to hang the tanks from; there's still enough space above that you could put in a floor for additional storage; and the location is ideal for weight distribution purposes.

And you've already got the Kipor for off hookup electric.

Bruce

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
There is some good ideas coming from this.

Thanks for all the suggestion.

When my Jeep was done he had a tank that was situated underneath and meant changing the fuel tank that what was ordered.

When it came to it the fitter called me in a talked me into a doughnut loosing my spare wheel. Big mistakes!!!!!!!!!! save him miles of work and the promised cheaper fitting never hapened:Doh::RollEyes:

The trouble is it's only 89 litre but actually fill up to around 70 ish. Now at 15 mpg at 200 miles I am looking to refill and its a pain in the ar$e.

I have to drive to fill up on LPG as it's not local and that's a real nuisance:cry:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi John

Have you thought about removing the built-in genny & putting 2 x 150 litre tanks in that locker?

This is what I think I would do if it was me. There is handy structure to hang the tanks from; there's still enough space above that you could put in a floor for additional storage; and the location is ideal for weight distribution purposes.

And you've already got the Kipor for off hookup electric.

Bruce

Hi Bruce have you seen the size of a 150litre tank? Tinleys do a 140litre its 400mmx1263mm thats 16" dia by 50" long he wouldn't be able to fit one let alone two.

Olley

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
have you seen the size of a 150litre tank? Tinleys do a 140litre its 400mmx1263mm thats 16" dia by 50" long he wouldn't be able to fit one let alone two.

Well Ian I don't know if all Winnebagos have funny little lockers. I've just measured my genny locker - it's 51.5" long x 32.5" wide x 34" deep.

So as I said, that's where I'd put my two 150 litre bottles, and still have a storage space 52" x 32" x 12" above the bottles.

Bruce

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well Ian I don't know if all Winnebagos have funny little lockers. I've just measured my genny locker - it's 51.5" long x 32.5" wide x 34" deep.

So as I said, that's where I'd put my two 150 litre bottles, and still have a storage space 52" x 32" x 12" above the bottles.

Bruce

Time i got under my bus and had a look myself I think.

Olley (Ian) mentioned tanks under his rock and roll sofa (i think) and thats why I thought about them bed. Why would they make the bed area cold? they don't make my Jeep cold and it's fitted where the spare wheel should be.

When I was a caravaner the room under the fixed double bed was paramount. Now as an RVer its a waste of space.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Well Ian I don't know if all Winnebagos have funny little lockers.
Bruce

Now now Bruce don't get bitchy. ::bigsmile:

We are talking about RR's RV not mine. But now you mention it, my genny locker is just an inch or two bigger than the genny, without measuring I can't give you a size but I doubt its over 36"long.

Olley

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi measured my genny locker yesturday 34" long, its more of a hole with a door which the genny fits snugly into, no floor and you can see the frame rail behind it.

Is yours actually in a big locker Bruce? or do you just have a big'un ::bigsmile: Genny that is.

Olley

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
lpg

my tanks are fitted side by side behind the petrol tank and in front of the spare wheel 2x110ltr tanks,i am buying it at 42p also in derbyshire.my rv is32feet long 8.1gm engine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back