LPG Shortages (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
None of the Morrisons that I know off in Edinburgh sell LPG so if there is one please let me know!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Is lpg imported gas or do we get it from the North Sea ?
Usually a fractional cut off the refinery column but we used to get propane and (iso) butane loaded at Flotta which was from the North Sea

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I went to the local Dover BP station for gas today it had gone up to 72p BUT they had none left. The attendant said there is none in the county now as the supply for industry has stopped and only home supplies because of the high demand for house heating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Obviously an exaggeration because there's plenty of taxi's north of Manchester lpg powered.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Didn’t Morrisons get silly about selling lpg to motorhomes a few years ago? Sounds like they have come to their senses, I hope so because the price seems reasonable.
That seemed to be a rumour that was about a couple of years ago.
There has never been a problem filling at Morrisons in Ipswich and when I asked them about the rumours at the time they said that there had been no directives from HQ about not filling motorhomes.
As these rumours have come up at other times I have asked the staff at Ipswich twice (different staff on duty each time) and each time they assure me that they sell a lot of LPG to motorhomes and they wouldn't want to lose the business.
Rumour now considered to be 'fake news'. ;)

Richard.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Think how cheap it would be if we could buy it without accidentally paying more than 30p per litre Fuel Duty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Butane and Propane are shipped to Spain regularly from Stanlow via Manchester Ship Canal. North West England .The firm I used to work for used to take samples from each ship for analysis purposes .

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Butane and Propane are shipped to Spain regularly from Stanlow via Manchester Ship Canal. North West England .The firm I used to work for used to take samples from each ship for analysis purposes .
Yes, LPG is traded quite a lot as a product and there are also term contracts in place.

Depending on when it was that you did that, I am trying to guess the inspection company that held the work at Shell Stanlow. We won several rounds of regional bidding for their global contract on several bid cycles when I was contract manager for my (ahem) Swiss company :whistle2: but then local Shell tended to ignore contract awards anyway, much to our annoyance.........

Sampling LPG is quite an art, as you cannot simply take a running sample as with oil. You need to run the cargo pumps on recirculation and then open the valves to the sample bomb. Good gloves were absolutely essential, as was standing upwind. We invented a kit that managed closed sampling of the product rather than venting it all to atmosphere about 10 years ago

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back