Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We may change our plans on where we go after Morocco and would like advice about what type of adapter we need to fill our bottles should we choose Portugal ? ?(n)(n)(n)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
IMG_1107.JPG
Of the two places we have used in Portugal the it has been this type as used in Spain.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Not to be a foreteller of doom BUT: The only adaptor we have had to use (and we've got three) is;

autogas-lpg-euro-dish-adapter-2-p[ekm]300x300[ekm].jpg

This filler adapter will convert a fixed Bayonet type filler to fit the “claw-gun” type filler gun, found in many
European countries i.e. France, Italy.

The Claw Gun may also be found in areas of the following countries:-
Greece, Hungary, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, Poland.

This adapter will simply screw into the threads that are situated on the inside of your fixed Bayonet filler.
The adapter can be fitted, used and then removed by hand.

All filler adapters should be fitted to the vehicle LPG filling point prior to the LPG filler gun been connected.

I'm not saying @laneside is wrong. It's just that we've filled up three times so far in Portugal, and that's the one we have needed.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Cover all bases ;)
Link Removed

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Not to be a foreteller of doom BUT: The only adaptor we have had to use (and we've got three) is;

autogas-lpg-euro-dish-adapter-2-p[ekm]300x300[ekm].jpg

This filler adapter will convert a fixed Bayonet type filler to fit the “claw-gun” type filler gun, found in many
European countries i.e. France, Italy.

The Claw Gun may also be found in areas of the following countries:-
Greece, Hungary, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, Spain, Poland.

This adapter will simply screw into the threads that are situated on the inside of your fixed Bayonet filler.
The adapter can be fitted, used and then removed by hand.

All filler adapters should be fitted to the vehicle LPG filling point prior to the LPG filler gun been connected.

I'm not saying @laneside is wrong. It's just that we've filled up three times so far in Portugal, and that's the one we have needed.

Agree that is the only type we have used

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
........Or if in the Algarve area, just go to the garage on the N125 just west of Bolequeime, and they'll refill any type of bottles/tanks for you - they really seem to have every adaptor on the planet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back