LPG Pumps In France (1 Viewer)

Jun 26, 2020
Dunfermline, Fife
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral SL
Exp
Always a Newbie
Arrived in France via the tunnel this morning for our first trip abroad. Have tried two garages on my way down the coast to Stella Plage to top up our LPG and both had a single pump on the wrong side for my van (pump on RHS side, gas locker on LHS). Is this normal or have I missed something.

No emergency as I have plenty at the moment.

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Or drive through the other way. It is France we are talking about, yes?

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Quite a few pumps you can drive to either side. Avoid motorway or “fuels stations” as generally they will be more expensive and in many cases will refuse to let you fill as they think you’re filling bottles. Have your adaptor in your hand or fitted before you drive in to save messing around in the back of the van and drawing attention.

I’ve found hypermarkets are best bet, get the “myLPG.eu” app to find them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Quite a few pumps you can drive to either side. Avoid motorway or “fuels stations” as generally they will be more expensive and in many cases will refuse to let you fill as they think you’re filling bottles. Have your adaptor in your hand or fitted before you drive in to save messing around in the back of the van and drawing attention.

I’ve found hypermarkets are best bet, get the “myLPG.eu” app to find them.

I confirm that. Also check length of hose as many will pull out enough to reach 'wrong' side. Often does with my filler because it is quite close to front of MH.

OP
OP
pacman
Jun 26, 2020
Dunfermline, Fife
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral SL
Exp
Always a Newbie
Thanks for the ideas, hadn't even thought about reversing in though it did look a bit tight in the second garage I tried.

Will try again tomorrow en route to Le Crotoy. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back