LPG outlets. (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
can anyone please link me to the maps where automotive LPG can be found locally ? I need to fill our underslung tank so I can test all the systems before we go away next week. I used to have a map search thing but can't find it ..

Cheers.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
can anyone please link me to the maps where automotive LPG can be found locally ? I need to fill our underslung tank so I can test all the systems before we go away next week. I used to have a map search thing but can't find it ..

Cheers.
Here you go, for now. (y)

https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/united-kingdom/#map

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
As you're on Hereford/Worcester border it maybe worth you getting a Countrywide account, you can then fill up and pay 5% vat if you state it's for cooking.
https://www.countrywidelpg.co.uk/autogas/
@Charlie. And if you send me your details by PM, I'll recommend you. ;)
There is a fill point at Ross-on-Wye. (y) I must admit, I didn't even look at your location earlier. :(

Cheers,

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
You need to check with the outlet that they still or ever did sell Autogas. Many of these online lists are not up to date. Most rely on users posing and many post incorrect locations often miles from the actual station or they have been compiled from ancient lists.

In my local area:
https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/united-kingdom/ contains many duplicate and wrong location outlets which I have corrected in the past and they keep reappearing.

https://www.filllpg.co.uk/?page=lpg.php is more accurate but still lists stations that no longer (for the past 2 years to my knowledge) do not sell Autogas.

My best advice is if you find an outlet while touring fill up, don't wait until you tank is almost empty, as you cannot be certain if other actually have LPG.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
There are also several apps that are available for smart phones that should be able to tell you where the nearest Autogas station is, just do a search for lpg in the play store, FillLPG seems quite good.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We found fill lpg to be very good.
Just wish they had an iphone app. Currently Only do android.
As said above get it where you can rather than letting it completely run down.
When we are away touring we take a list of all LPG stations for the area we will be touring and in the surrounding area. That way even if one isnt working theres always one somewhere.
We are disappointed at how few lpg outlets there are. It goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.....on the a12 in Suffolk there are two within metres of each other yet it can be a struggle in some areas to find any garages with lpg...

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thought I was on my way to understanding about lpg but OP mentions "automotive lpg" and an "underslung tank".
Is this for fuelling the vehicle?
I'd assumed the underslung tank was something different, just for hab. Don't know where I thought vehicle fuel would be stored though.
Is the lpg for vehicle fuel different from hab lpg, or is the only difference the tax?
(Sorry for hi-jacking your thread @Charlie , but for us not-in-the-know people, one question always raises at least one more!)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thought I was on my way to understanding about lpg but OP mentions "automotive lpg" and an "underslung tank".
I'd assumed the underslung tank was something different, just for hab. Don't know where I thought vehicle fuel would be stored though.
Is the lpg for vehicle fuel different from hab lpg, or is the only difference the tax?
(Sorry for hi-jacking your thread @Charlie , but for us not-in-the-know people, one question always raises at least one more!)

Comes out same autogas pump. Taxis often use it to power their cars and we use it to fill our gaslow bottles for habitation.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Wendy. :)

With an underslung tank (as well as refillable cylinders) the gas used to fill them is Autogas, from Calor, Flogas, and any of their filling station outlets, amongst others. (y)
In the UK it is predominantly Propane, but in southern European locations it is predominantly Butane.

Cheers,

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

The tank is for the hab not the vehicle.

It's an Autosleeper with the tank under the van and it takes car LPG through the usual nozzles.

I was looking for a site where I can search by post code if possible . I'm not very good on apps or computers and am struggling a bit. I do know of one garage that has it but it's a two hour round trip which is a bit of a pain ..

WR6 is the main bit of our post code.

Thanks all !!

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
You need to check with the outlet that they still or ever did sell Autogas. Many of these online lists are not up to date. Most rely on users posing and many post incorrect locations often miles from the actual station or they have been compiled from ancient lists.

In my local area:
https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/united-kingdom/ contains many duplicate and wrong location outlets which I have corrected in the past and they keep reappearing.

https://www.filllpg.co.uk/?page=lpg.php is more accurate but still lists stations that no longer (for the past 2 years to my knowledge) do not sell Autogas.

My best advice is if you find an outlet while touring fill up, don't wait until you tank is almost empty, as you cannot be certain if other actually have LPG.

Thanks John...

I can't find stations on either site so maybe we don't have any within a 20 mile radious..

The tank is empty because we haven't used the MH for well over 20 months and I think I left the fridge on so it's drained it.

I need gas so I can check all systems are working and we can have a brew en route.

It's looking like a long trip to fill up. I honestly thought stations were not that far apart !

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thanks John...

I can't find stations on either site so maybe we don't have any within a 20 mile radious..

The tank is empty because we haven't used the MH for well over 20 months and I think I left the fridge on so it's drained it.

I need gas so I can check all systems are working and we can have a brew en route.

It's looking like a long trip to fill up. I honestly thought stations were not that far apart !

Not sure exactly where you are/live but when i put your part postcode into filllpg you were surrounded by Countrywide establishments that sell lpg. You need to have an account but surely it would be worth it.
When you look at the map on filllpg you will see numbers like 65 or 56. They are basically the last recorded price at that site. If you click on that number then look to your right on the screen a box should come up with info on that location- address etc.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
These are listed on countrywide website. AN added bonus is that most of them are self service 24/7
IMG_2377.PNG

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Not sure exactly where you are/live but when i put your part postcode into filllpg you were surrounded by Countrywide establishments that sell lpg. You need to have an account but surely it would be worth it.
When you look at the map on filllpg you will see numbers like 65 or 56. They are basically the last recorded price at that site. If you click on that number then look to your right on the screen a box should come up with info on that location- address etc.

Thanks.. I finally managed to operate that site and your right it's nearly account only... But I could do with gas sooner rather than later so I can test things out. We hope to get away mid to late week.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Thanks.. I finally managed to operate that site and your right it's nearly account only... But I could do with gas sooner rather than later so I can test things out. We hope to get away mid to late week.
Good luck. Am sure it will all be fine. Have a great trip(y)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
These are listed on countrywide website. AN added bonus is that most of them are self service 24/7View attachment 166880

Thanks for that ! Hereford is closer than the place I had in mind so will drive over there tomorrow.

I really am surprised at the scarcity of LPG even taking in we live in the middle of nowhere !!!!

Thanks all it's appreciated !

On a lighter note I've been most of the day trying to work out how everything works ! It's been so long since we used the van I've forgotten it all and I'm dreadful at things technical I really am !!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just phoned Rotherwas and it's account there as well !! Back to square one Mmmmmm .
Maybe worth ringing Countrywide Monday to see about getting an account and ask how long it would be to setup, I believe their head office is in Evesham

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
It's definitely a trip over to Alcester. There is nothing closer confirmed by a few phone calls. We used to live over that way which is why I thought it would be the closer..

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
THere is a Texaco garage at HR8 2TZ that might be able to sort you out it's at the junction of the a4103 and a 417.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Maybe worth ringing Countrywide Monday to see about getting an account and ask how long it would be to setup, I believe their head office is in Evesham

Your right it's Evesham.

When I phoned Rotherwas I asked if I could set up an account and get a card there and then. They said not and it could take a good few days if not longer.

So as above it's Alcester for the gas. It's a BP garage where you just fill and pay... Better in some ways than setting up an account just for the odd fill as it lasts for absolutely ages !

When we were in France which is why we really bought the MH every station seemingly had it so no problems over there...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back