Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Returning to the original thread..... Does anyone know of any services that have LPG in stock in North Devon and Cornwall... tanks nearly empty

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
What a load of old cobblers new cars don’t have MOTs till three years old so that argument is out of the window and as I have often been informed the MOT is only as good as the day it’s done.
Morrison’s have a downer on motorhomes still their loss
Hi Speve & funsters quite agree with you mate, Morrison's have been enforcing this practice for a few years now, I hope all funster's take note of this and don't even buy petrol or diesel from them I don't buy either for my car or van, I won't even buy my groceries off them, if they won't sell us LPG they can stuff their other fuels and groceries as far as I'm concerned.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Hi Speve & funsters quite agree with you mate, Morrison's have been enforcing this practice for a few years now, I hope all funster's take note of this and don't even buy petrol or diesel from them I don't buy either for my car or van, I won't even buy my groceries off them, if they won't sell us LPG they can stuff their other fuels and groceries as far as I'm concerned.
we are the same with carrefore in spain . too many height barriers so dont /wont shop with them at all.
people can make things change if they put in the effort.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Not true Basil, most dealers will have personnel certified for lpg to at least ACOPS level, some will have personnel certified to gas safe level, I will hopefully be starting my gas safe certification in June.

D.
I get where you're coming from Dave, but that hasn't stopped you from fitting refillable LPG systems in the past... has it?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OK, do all that makes it awful and awkward but removing the helmet is only a part of your misery. Perhaps, knowing you're going to fuel, why not have your means of payment more readily available and then you wouldn't have to virtually strip to access it? Or, wait and find somewhere where its covered or fill up on a nice day?
... or just go to pumps where you can pay by card and not have to go into the kiosk/shop at all! (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've worked out why some motorcyclists don't want to remove their helmets and get their hair wet ... it's because they'll end up like the below and won't be able to get them back on again ... :LOL:
troll.PNG

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I've worked out why some motorcyclists don't want to remove their helmets and get their hair wet ... it's because they'll end up like the below and won't be able to get them back on again ... :LOL:
View attachment 225456

Not me I'm follically challenged!

The reason I keep mine on, is that if I take it off the ladies see my handsome face & magnificent body in my one piece leather suit, before you know it I'm surrounded by them................

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I get where you're coming from Dave, but that hasn't stopped you from fitting refillable LPG systems in the past... has it?
IMV you should retract this 'defamatory' comment ... I really do NOT like the implication that Dave has been fitting LPG systems without being qualified to do it ... something he would NOT do!

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Come on now @gwyntaxi I'm still waiting for the explanation of your post.

D.
Hi Dave,
Really sorry I've not been able to answer your post but I went away the following day and have only just returned, I certainly would not have ignored any response from you, however I think you might have misunderstood my post or more to the point, I did not explain my comment properly, As I read your post I took it to mean you are about to take an ACOPS course, and that when you completed the course you would be qualified to fit gas systems etc, which I thought somewhat strange as, as far as I was aware you were already qualified in that field as well as many others, I apologise for making a confusing or misleading post, as this was certainly not my intention. gwyntaxi

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi Dave,
Really sorry I've not been able to answer your post but I went away the following day and have only just returned, I certainly would not have ignored any response from you, however I think you might have misunderstood my post or more to the point, I did not explain my comment properly, As I read your post I took it to mean you are about to take an ACOPS course, and that when you completed the course you would be qualified to fit gas systems etc, which I thought somewhat strange as, as far as I was aware you were already qualified in that field as well as many others, I apologise for making a confusing or misleading post, as this was certainly not my intention. gwyntaxi

Fair enough mate. The fact is I took the ACOPS course over twelve years ago and have done the refresher twice, the course I'm taking this year (looks like it will be September) is to bring my certification up to Gas Safe level.

D.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
RONTEC have the same policy. No LPG for campervans. Some enforce it some don't. I was refused at Consett with an 85 litre fixed LPG tank bolted on chassis and remote filler on my Hymer S700. I wrote to head office and they confirmed that their policy was not to allow campervans to fill up at any of their stations.
upload_2018-4-30_8-5-14.png

Again the confusion between tank types but staff cannot tell which to allow and which to refuse so do a blanket ban.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back