LPG in Morocco? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you mean Autogas , no, it is not available in Morocco

Bottled gas is sold everywhere, and is cheap, but requires a different regulator.. easily obtained.

I used a BBQ point to connect the Moroccan bottle..

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If you don't want to demount your refillables, BBQ point is probably easiest. Just buy a local big bottle (not forgetting a regulator) and plug in. Simples.

As an alternative, Gaslow do an adapter hose that screws into the fill point. The other end goes into an adapter for a gas bottle. I used a Spanish bottle ('cos I happen to have one) and the Spanish adapter that Gaslow also sell* which I used to supplement my Gaslow bottles. Now I know the type of thread used by Moroccan bottles I'm going to investigate screwing the Gaslow hose to a Moroccan bottle, which I'll just give away when I leave. Means I only have to carry an extra gas bottle around while actually in Morocco.

* Gaslow also do a bottle adapter for Camping Gaz, the 907 type, which also happens to be identical to the small gas bottles used in Morocco, to screw their hose into.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I had mine filled at the gas plant just out side Marrakech just took the bottle of and a happy chap disappeared with his wheel barrow and it came back full I did ask for propain but who knows what I got
I can't find coradinates but I think @Malcolm Bolt wrote them down

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
The local gas bottles all use the same fittings as Gaslow.
I just bought a local bottle, and replaced my no 2 Gaslow bottle with it. Hose went straight on and no need for an additional regulator.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I reckon the issue will have been resolved over the intervening years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back