LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi i have been thinking about lpg ,witch way is best to go i have an autotrail .been looking at refillable gas bottles gas low ect ect i know tonka has done a cool system another friend has a under slung tank the question i wont to ask has anybody fitted a tank in the existing locker ?can this be done? the place i fill up my rv actually make tanks to measure. most tanks iv seen are cylinder types but this one needs to be square or am i just dreaming???

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
im sure LPG tanks must be cylindrical or teriodal (do-nut)....square tank wont take the pressure without deforming.

never seen any kind of square pressure vessel....air, liquid or gas

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as above, high pressure tanks must be round to take the pressure. turn an lpg cylinder over and you can see the tank is seamless and has a curved top and bottom too.

underslung tanks are great as they free off the locker. however they are more expensive and need renewing or recertifying every 15 years. thats easy with portable tanks but not underslung

you can also take portable cylinder with you if you change vans

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
My underslung 55litre tank is great and we have an extra locker as well !! We use our van a lot and I just fill up 3 - 4 times a year, this week at 68p a litre

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Fitted Gas-it single 11kg bottle with a skirt mounted filler point to our Autotrail... Never looked back.. Highly recommend.. Mitch... :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back