Oct 2, 2020
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2020
Bit of a Newbie,
Before I start, I know about European LPG conversions from Calor etc. And I know this is a very vague question but I am going to ask anyway.....

I currently have two 11.5kg calor bottles on board. We wish to have a 3 week jaunt into Europe in May 2021 (pending Vivid). Aiming for Italy and Croatia.

We will mostly stay on sites and where I can, have a hook up. The MoHo has one electric hob on the gas cooker too.

Are these two bottles going to be sufficient for that period of time, based on the above?

(I think I have almost answered my own question!)

Cheers Alan

seakay22

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Malibu GT600
Exp
Since 2002
You'll do that easily, probably on just one bottle. During a recent trip I had the heating/hot water on every morning for 40 minutes and the heating on again at night for an average of about the same. Never hooked up and cooked most nights and one bottle lasted exactly 3 weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Depends on how long your string is.
If one bottle is full, that should last. It's usually in Winter that you get through a lot of gas. Only water, cooking and the fridge at other times. With hook-up, you could stay almost indefinitely.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We reckon on using 1 to 1.5 litres a day for fridge and general cooking when off grid,excluding heating.if you are on ehu you will only need minimal gas,run the fridge on ehu, take a low wattage travel kettle ,a 7/800 watt microwave and a slow cooker. (y)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
In the summer with two 11kg bottles, we last well over 6 weeks before filling up. Much depends on how much heating you use. We filled up after 6 weeks but still had some gas left,

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Yes. We took 2*6kg bottles to Spain year last October. We came back with 2*6kg bottles. Only used it for making coffee in the morning and we don't do cooking in the van:coffee:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
We based our gas usage on our early Autumn/Winter trips and took two bottle all around the UK this summer :eek:

One was our ~1/5 full first one that we took off to add the second full one. By the end of our Aut/Win camping we were already down to ~1/2 on that new one :eek:

So at the start of our July 5th travel, I swapped back to the ~1/5 full one so it would be emptied for our next Calor exchange.

:( It's not emptied yet. :eek:

Our early colder weather trips was also when we used gas for fridge, hot water & heating as well as the cooker.
By the time summer came around we were using EHU fior the fridge & hot water and didn't need the heater on.

We're taking the same two bottle to Kent on Saturday. The BEEP thing will run out then. lol

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Bit of a Newbie,
Before I start, I know about European LPG conversions from Calor etc. And I know this is a very vague question but I am going to ask anyway.....

I currently have two 11.5kg calor bottles on board. We wish to have a 3 week jaunt into Europe in May 2021 (pending Vivid). Aiming for Italy and Croatia.

We will mostly stay on sites and where I can, have a hook up. The MoHo has one electric hob on the gas cooker too.

Are these two bottles going to be sufficient for that period of time, based on the above?

(I think I have almost answered my own question!)

Cheers Alan
We last about 4 weeks with two 6kg bottles and that's with the fridge on gas 24/7 đź‘Ť

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
The thing which really surprised us was how little gas we used on a 5 week trip through France and Spain last year, using a mixture of Aires and Sites some with some without EHU.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back