Free Member
Sep 13, 2016
West Dunbartonshire
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can anyone recommend a gas engineer who can check my gas within my Motorhome and provide me with a certificate. Within the Glasgow/Dunbartonshire/Ayrshire/Lanarkshire area

Thank you

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/ This can help you find a qualified engineer and check out local firms

Do they do motor home installations I thought it was just domestic.

Martin

No use for motorhomes at all.

90% of them won't have CCLP1 to work on LPG installations and of the few that do even less will have the specific ACS tickets for leisure vehicle appliances.

Also motorhomes are outside the scope of Gas Safe unless they are permanently sited, rented out or used for other commercial purposes so even if you find someone with the right tickets he or she wouldn't be able to give you a report worth the paper it's written on.

Jim's link to the Approved Workshop scheme is far more appropriate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
No use for motorhomes at all.
does show whether
90% of them won't have CCLP1 to work on LPG installations and of the few that do even less will have the specific ACS tickets for leisure vehicle appliances.

Also motorhomes are outside the scope of Gas Safe unless they are permanently sited, rented out or used for other commercial purposes so even if you find someone with the right tickets he or she wouldn't be able to give you a report worth the paper it's written on.

Jim's link to the Approved Workshop scheme is far more appropriate.

In fact the gas safe register does cover those approved for the likes of caravan installations and whilst the list no longer allows you to search for those approved for the likes of caravan installations it does show if an organisation or individual has qualified to cover such installations.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
In fact the gas safe register does cover those approved for the likes of caravan installations and whilst the list no longer allows you to search for those approved for the likes of caravan installations it does show if an organisation or individual has qualified to cover such installations.

I'm not wasting time arguing with you. We've been through this so many times it's boring now.

Motor caravans are NOT subject to the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998 (GSIUR) apart from under the circumstances detailed in my earlier post. All Gas Safe does is provide a mechanism to comply with these regulations, nothing more.

More information here: http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/ocs/400-499/440_34.htm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back