LPG Conversions (1 Viewer)

R

rollingrog

Deleted User
Hi, can anyone out there tell me if it is possible to convert my diesel lunar 780 to LPG, seems confusing as many say it has to be dual fuel, how much does it cost to convert? any ideas would be gratefully received.

:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As far as I Know
Diesel to LPG is still in its very early stages and almost experimental and very exspensive
Petrol to LPG is of course old hat
Pehaps someone on here knows better
Geo
Ps welcome to the fun

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
The people are very good LPG converters so might be worth a phone call

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rollingrog

Deleted User
LPG Conversion

seems like i'll have to keep the government kitty going by buying more diesel then!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rollingrog

Deleted User
What Car to Tow

Any ideas on the best car to tow, want the smallest possible

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Check out the post I tow a liegier or something like that theres nothing lighter than one of those, you'll see what folk are towing, the most common are Smart cars,

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Forgot to answer your second half of the question, those Diesels that have had a kit made for them require the engine to start on Diesel and then switch over to LPG, ie duel fuel, starting and running a diesel on LPG 100% hasnt been sorted yet to my knowledge
Geo

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Check out the post I tow a liegier or something like that theres nothing lighter than one of those, you'll see what folk are towing, the most common are Smart cars,

Heh Geo I think Sooty pretty cool

GoldenVallyEaster2007108Medium.jpg

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
So thats where my Pic went, Youv'e got it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Peter the Pic above is My RV with a Dihatsu Hi Jet 6 seater Mini Mini bus, also known as a Sooty Wagon or more lately the Boozer Cruiser

Last edited:
Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi, can anyone out there tell me if it is possible to convert my diesel lunar 780 to LPG, seems confusing as many say it has to be dual fuel, how much does it cost to convert? any ideas would be gratefully received.

:thumb:

AFAIK you cannot run PURE lpg on a diesel ris at the moment.

LPG does not ignite at the compressions required to detonate diesel fuels without spark assistance.

The current method still requires a percentage of the original fuel (diesel) to be injected alongside the lpg.

Upvote 0
M

matrizx

Deleted User
Bio Diesel

Hi All

You could try bio diesel, or alternatively make your own. There are kits out there that will give you a litre of fuel for about 30 pence.
LPG will only get more expensive as time goes by.

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Just working out where to put my 2 x 100 litre lpg tanks at the moment.

Have found a local fitter that can install and fully test the system.:thumb:

That's my #1 project at the moment....

I see petrol is gradually going up again....

What excuse now???:Eeek:

Upvote 0

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
Hi i now make my own bio diesel with the etruk 100 bio machine from here etruk (ecotec resources uk) - Home get all my veggie oil for free from the local take aways so after processing it costs me about 15plitre:Eeek::thumb::thumb: also the glycerin what is the wast i turn into soap.:thumb::thumb:
This is the best thing to do to save on fuel cost you soon get your money back on the machine
also they give you a training course on how to use the machine:thumb::thumb:

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Having just been laid low by diesel bug just a reminder, especially if making your own bio, to use a biocide to prevent diesel bug.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi i now make my own bio diesel with the etruk 100 bio machine from here etruk (ecotec resources uk) - Home get all my veggie oil for free from the local take aways so after processing it costs me about 15plitre:Eeek::thumb::thumb: also the glycerin what is the wast i turn into soap.:thumb::thumb:
This is the best thing to do to save on fuel cost you soon get your money back on the machine
also they give you a training course on how to use the machine:thumb::thumb:

Hope this helps.

Hi Andy .. very interesting, but nothing on the site about cost of training or equipment ..

Jim

Upvote 0

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
Hi Andy .. very interesting, but nothing on the site about cost of training or equipment ..

Jim

Hi there jim if you ring this number Ian on 07772 329223 he will tell you the prices. I think the small etruk 50ltr is £995+vat :Eeek:and the one i got is £1600+vat:Eeek: and the training is free :thumb:if you buy a machine.

I was lucky he had a second hand etruk 100ltr i got it for £800 fully serviced:thumb: with new filters and he threw in 120ltrs of veg oil:thumb: for me to do my own first batch training was free also.
Takes about five hours for the training with full phone back up if needed very helpful man.

This machine makes proper 100% bio and takes out the harmful glycerin.
I may be out on the prices so ring to make shure hope this helps.

My truck runs better than ever on 100%bio and at M.O.T they had trouble getting an emission reading it was that low:thumb::thumb:
But when running in the cold weather better mix with normal diesel to aid starting.

Sorry for hijacking the thread:Eeek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back