Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I called in at Autogas in Thirsk in March and asked if they had an updated version of a really old printed list of LPG stations I had. The woman said they were currently updating it and it would be ready in April. She gave me the printed one they were updating and took my name & email. Since I heard nothing I recently emailed them and got a reply which said
Slightly puzzled as we don't have a list of filling stations to update ? you
sure your not getting us mixed up with another company.

That aside, best list of filling station is on the web. www.mylpg.eu and
cover the whole of Europe.

Is there more than one Autogas in Thirsk??
Only the one Autogas2000 Ltd run by Chris Wise in Carlton Miniott near Thirsk. There are other LPG outlets in that area though. I can't understand about the list as they are only a fitting station with a pump. The list is produced by the national body not a local station.

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
As BP sell Calor gas, & they did not like people filling their tanks as they lose out on the vast profit they make. I have found that some Shell garages sell AutoGas, so I tend to look out for them. I have only just had a complete system fitted at a total cost of £670, so I do hope that they do not stop doing it......

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
BP near me is less than 50ppl and not going out of business

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
BP has announced that they are moving out of LPG at their service stations. All sites are under review as they are mostly losing money due to the decline in LPG powered vehicles.
Nothing to do with BP owning Calor Gas, & not liking people filling their canisters up when they lose a fortune in revenue.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I mentioned Filllpg earlier on in this thread and how good it is. The problem is that it was only for Android. I signed up to it and 'participated' by updating all LPG availability in my area and on my travels, until my Android phone went bang. I was dissapointed to learn I couldn't use it with my replacement iPhone.
I've just looked at the Web site and the chap who administers it is looking for people to get in touch to test his iOS version for iPhone, to help develop it.
I'm going to to do it as, in my opinion, it is by far the best app.
It is constantly updated by the users of it, so you can be sure if it's on there you can get gas. It tells you the price, location and when it was last updated. If you register with it, rather than just look at it when you need it, you can send updates. When I used it I deleted two in my area that had stopped selling it, added one that had sold it a while but was not on the list and updated many prices whilst on my travels.
It would really help if a few of us got on board with this.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Nothing to do with BP owning Calor Gas, & not liking people filling their canisters up when they lose a fortune in revenue.
I thought it was Shell and Calor who were in cahoots with each other................and sellers of the dearest Autogas in Britain. :mad:.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I mentioned Filllpg earlier on in this thread and how good it is. The problem is that it was only for Android. I signed up to it and 'participated' by updating all LPG availability in my area and on my travels, until my Android phone went bang. I was dissapointed to learn I couldn't use it with my replacement iPhone.
I've just looked at the Web site and the chap who administers it is looking for people to get in touch to test his iOS version for iPhone, to help develop it.
I'm going to to do it as, in my opinion, it is by far the best app.
It is constantly updated by the users of it, so you can be sure if it's on there you can get gas. It tells you the price, location and when it was last updated. If you register with it, rather than just look at it when you need it, you can send updates. When I used it I deleted two in my area that had stopped selling it, added one that had sold it a while but was not on the list and updated many prices whilst on my travels.
It would really help if a few of us got on board with this.
I always watch out for LPG stations on our travels (especially in the van with Jill driving) and update prices as we pass them. FillLPG updates several times a day on my Android phone.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Lots of LPG vehicles in France, so lots of GPL pumps. These are all listed in the All the Aires book.
BP garage in Dover still sells it, it's my nearest garage
Just been in there to fill with gas,but I buy my fuel at Tescos, at Whitfield, 6p cheaper and points. The bit about the LPG site book is true it is totally wrong, some are there and don't have others have but aren't there, I would be a waste of money to by the book.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I don't know where the idea that filllpg is only on android has come from. I have it on my ipad and have done for more than a year. It is very useful as well. I have used it here and in France. It does not have all the filling stations in yet but it can only be kept up to date if we the users keep it up to date.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I don't know where the idea that filllpg is only on android has come from. I have it on my ipad and have done for more than a year. It is very useful as well. I have used it here and in France. It does not have all the filling stations in yet but it can only be kept up to date if we the users keep it up to date.

Can't find it on the app store.

You're not referring to mylpg are you?

Andrew

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Link Removed Hi definitely filllpg tried to up load a screen shot from the iPad but don't think it has worked

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
IMG_0140.PNG

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Ah !. I see it.

I think you're accessing the web page. On Android it's an app

Andrew

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
oh well, it shows to me on this page. I must have done something wrong. No surprise there then.

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I can see it , But it shows the web page rather than the app.
Both do the same job, but I presume the app on Android works offline.

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back